Smoking Drone-Brand New, Help

Reaction score
I just bought this and it hasn't even flown yet. I'm not sure if it's a drone issue or a gimbal issue but this thing won't recognize the gimbal and upon start up, it smokes after a single spark when the gimbal is first installed. No motors blocked and wires carefully routed. It did this with the first and second gimbal I bought. This thing is a pile of you ask me but I am open to helpful suggestions. I am very close to returning it without a first flight.

I haven't heard of that before. If you can return it, by all means do so. I definitely wouldn't give up before even getting started, so return it and start again. Good luck, and welcome.

Ya, smoking electronics is always a bad thing. Sorry you're having to deal with this but I'd return it all and get replacements. Gimbals included.

I returned it. It's a shame since the price is amazing in the best buy bundle right now. I may order another bundle online from then since my local store was out of stock. Could out of date firmware on the camera cause visible sparks from the gimbal housing? I'm still trying to wrap my mind around this issue. The drone fired up fine but as soon as i added the gimbal and powered on it wouldn't recognize it in firmware and unlike i said sparks upon first power up with new gimbals. :(

I returned it. It's a shame since the price is amazing in the best buy bundle right now. I may order another bundle online from then since my local store was out of stock. Could out of date firmware on the camera cause visible sparks from the gimbal housing? I'm still trying to wrap my mind around this issue. The drone fired up fine but as soon as i added the gimbal and powered on it wouldn't recognize it in firmware and unlike i said sparks upon first power up with new gimbals. :(

Not likely, firmware issues rarely cause these types of failures. This sounds like hardware failures to me. Something wasn't done right at the factory and caused the sparks. Or maybe a bad solder bridged over to a hot lead. Who knows? I'd def pick up another bundle online though. It's still a great deal and hard to pass up.

Reactions: SARDG
I would agree it is most likely a fault in the gimbal. I wouldn't jump ship over it. Solo is still the best flying platform for the price, and even better than the more expensive quads. Get another one, and then have fun. In the meantime, you can download the manual and learn the in's and out's of Solo. The more knowledge you have, the better you will be. Good luck.

Reactions: MiNDRiOTS
So I was able to have the manager price match my previous purchase and get me all items in the bundle shipped to store. I was pretty excited about that since my issue was a fluke. I got another bundle and took it out yesterday. I was pleasantly surprised at how easy and fun it was to fly. Looking forward to learning more. Thanks for pushing me to give it another try.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea