Simple and Super Simple Modes

Reaction score
With all the buzz for multi-point cable cam, I was wondering why no one talks or asks if Simple or Super Simple modes are available for the Solo. Both modes offer very interesting options for a single operator. And they can provide the ability for new pilots to maintain control yet have the system "orient" the bird to their benefit.

Here's an explanation of the modes within APM Copter - Simple and Super Simple Modes | Copter

I'd like 3DR to enable these two modes within Solo. Can't reason why it isn't already available...

Also, give me more options for the A/B buttons. Why can't we have a second or third option to those buttons? Like a double click...just thinking out loud. Make it a controller!

With all the buzz for multi-point cable cam, I was wondering why no one talks or asks if Simple or Super Simple modes are available for the Solo. Both modes offer very interesting options for a single operator. And they can provide the ability for new pilots to maintain control yet have the system "orient" the bird to their benefit.

Here's an explanation of the modes within APM Copter - Simple and Super Simple Modes | Copter

I'd like 3DR to enable these two modes within Solo. Can't reason why it isn't already available...

Also, give me more options for the A/B buttons. Why can't we have a second or third option to those buttons? Like a double click...just thinking out loud. Make it a controller!
My Syma X8C has simple mode but they call it "headless mode".
Pretty cool for a $100 "toy"!

Try to control with your FPV. Simple mode will make u confuse if you fly while looking at your screen. IMO

I've always thought those were interesting options to have. But for a new inexperienced pilot I would think it could be very confusing. Like a lot of things we learn, we have to practice until what we are learning can be done by instinct. For a new pilot, they would need to learn a particular mode and stay with it. Otherwise, they have to remember what mode they are in when the s**t hits the fan. And the wrong mode can have the opposite effect on a given stick input.
Just my 02..YMMV
On the more options for the controller, that would be great..

But for a new inexperienced pilot I would think it could be very confusing. Like a lot of things we learn, we have to practice until what we are learning can be done by instinct.
Your point made, I could argue the same for all the smart shots we currently have. If new users rely on Smart Shots for their flying experience, then really what skills of flight are they learning?

Sorry, just being the devil to the conversation.... I'm a seasoned pilot, just give me the full set of tools. I promise not to poke someone in the eye with them...

Reactions: Jubalr
I'm a seasoned pilot, just give me the full set of tools. I promise not to poke someone in the eye with them...
Agreed..You may be able to program them in MP. I'll have a look when I get a chance..

Also back to this point. Why can't the controller A/B buttons have multiple modes set to them?

Have you tried enabling that mode via mission planner?
No. Just don't feel warm and fuzzy with my abilities to muck around with the backend of MP or Solo for that fact. I've really got too much on my plate with Solo to wade through another learning aspect.

I guess this thread was a plea to 3DR, rather than a request for a work around. A better product for ALL!

Simple Mode and Super Simple Mode "can" be enabled on Solo. You just need to change the proper parameters with Tower or Mission Planner. Remember, as far as parameters go - "Fly" mode is actually "Loiter". "Fly:Manual" is actually "Altitude Hold".

Note: Changing parameters can be risky and isn't recommended for beginners.

Simple Mode and Super Simple Mode "can" be enabled on Solo. You just need to change the proper parameters with Tower or Mission Planner. Remember, as far as parameters go - "Fly" mode is actually "Loiter". "Fly:Manual" is actually "Altitude Hold".

Note: Changing parameters can be risky and isn't recommended for beginners.
"What- me worry"? (Alfred E. Neuman, circa 1955)

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44