Should Solo be able to descend more rapidly?

My understanding is that "settling under power" is a thrust issue (overburdened aircraft). VRS can occur no matter how much thrust (it is made worse by increasing thrust). Some say that settling can be caused by VRS, but also by other things. If you look around there are many long threads about it, apparently, the argument is driven by the terminology of whatever CFI (or country or military) taught the pilot to fly a helicopter. Once you get into it, the results are the same...a Vortex Ring State is different than simply not having enough power to lift your aircraft.

It wouldn't surprise me if a modern quad would have the programming to fight VRS. The solution might be as simple as reducing power for a moment to different motors, or give a "wobble" of sorts so that the descent isn't truly vertical. These aren't new issues, and I would think the original programmers have thought them out.

The video is a bit different than a Solo, since the cheap quad there could experience both VRS and "settling under power" (simply an overloaded state). The Solo, unless you are modding with extra attached parts, should have sufficient thrust to avoid "settling under power" due to an overweight condition.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo