Should I Buy

Would people still recommend getting a Solo? I really want to get one but am worried that if something was to go wrong with it, I wouldn't be able to get it repaired (or order the parts myself and DIY).

I already have a GoPro Hero 4 Black, and the Solo still looks like it has the best integrations with the GoPro in terms of settings.

Attached is a screenshot of my eBay basket - total comes to £221 ($228) for a new Solo + Gimbal. Shipping to the UK is £134 ($175) - total £355 ($463)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-05-20 at 15.22.19.png
    Screen Shot 2017-05-20 at 15.22.19.png
    562.6 KB · Views: 25
@jetsetwilly I found one on eBay totally £336 so I've gone ahead and ordered it - fingers crossed!
That one you posted was put up two years ago, so I reckon they've probably found a home for it, but thanks anyway.

@jetsetwilly I found one on eBay totally £336 so I've gone ahead and ordered it - fingers crossed!
That one you posted was put up two years ago, so I reckon they've probably found a home for it, but thanks anyway.

It was posted yesterday and has 6 days left on ebay. Think you read his joined date which was 2 years ago ;)

Glad you got one though you won't be disappointed, just make sure you check which rev gps board you get and consider replacing with the mro version.

If you get the rev b just do the cardboard mod and see how you get on. If you get the rev a then toss it lol

Depending on your budget, the Solo might be a great fit

@jetsetwilly how do I check which version of the GPS board I have? It arrived, all working well but the FPV is not working correctly - I've ordered a replacement HDMI cable. I got a gimbal too, which works fine except for live feed so I know that the issue is with the cable. Not flying far as I'm not confident without FPV.

@jetsetwilly how do I check which version of the GPS board I have? It arrived, all working well but the FPV is not working correctly - I've ordered a replacement HDMI cable. I got a gimbal too, which works fine except for live feed so I know that the issue is with the cable. Not flying far as I'm not confident without FPV.

watch the vid in this post to see how to get to the gps board and then at 2:13 you can see that it's a rev A board

GPS Mod-Cardboard under the copper foil

@jetsetwilly thank you. Mine doesn't have any issues with satellite reception so I'm guessing I don't need to do anything about it.

If it is working for you just leave it in. While you have it open I'd suggest you add the cardboard spacer (AKA cardboard mod). It will continue to work great with that in.

Well, that was interesting. I actually closed it all up before I saw your message so I ended up not doing the cardboard mod. I now wish I'd never opened it up because I'm now struggling to get 6 sats lol. When the replacement HDMI cable arrives, I'll go through everything again and check everything is plugged in properly, plus I might do the cardboard mod.

If you are going to replace the GPS, get the mRo.
Frankly if you install the V2 shield you won't be able to tell the difference between the Rev A and Rev B. I'd suggest just getting the V2 shield and trying that out before spending any more money. I'm satisfied flying one of my Solos with the Rev A and cardboard mod.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frank2000