Servo Tester

Not me. Ok I'm trying to consider what really cool or useless device your going to tell us about or say wtf do you mean as I don't get it. A Servo Tester Balancing Engine? Please do tell. Thanks

Yes, Servo Tester Balancing Engine!
Thanks. Since I have a fear of being the dumb one in the class, do you mind a little education. I have used various simple and complex balancers in my lifetime. I just can't picture it. Do you have a photo or link?

I do. Here is where you get the system:
Home

He's using the GWS MT-01 servo tester, but I just discovered that using MP to control the motors (via PWM value vs. Frequency/RPM) is fine, as long as you use the same PWM value for each iteration of the test. So you can do this with the motor pod still in the Solo, but the only downside of this is that you aren't isolating that motor from backfeed resonance from the rest of the body. Ideal would be to put the pod on its own isolated arm to get the most accurate read on dealing with the vibes, one motor at a time.

Reactions: Burkeam
How To - Motor Balancing - Itsqviki

This is what he is talking about, and yes it works.....been doing this myself for years.

OP, motors are electric with no piston (s), engines have piston (s) and are internal combustion or steam.....
Nice. Much easier to ask whom dynamically balances their props and motors. I would have answered yes but not in the last two years-no longer have access to it. I was trying to break down the meaning and could not visualize a servo on my QR let alone using a engine for balancing.
I do. Here is where you get the system:
Home

He's using the GWS MT-01 servo tester, but I just discovered that using MP to control the motors (via PWM value vs. Frequency/RPM) is fine, as long as you use the same PWM value for each iteration of the test. So you can do this with the motor pod still in the Solo, but the only downside of this is that you aren't isolating that motor from backfeed resonance from the rest of the body. Ideal would be to put the pod on its own isolated arm to get the most accurate read on dealing with the vibes, one motor at a time.
I like this system for the price. Much better deal then the $8k systems. Ordering one today.

Reactions: z-axis
Thanks Z-axis. What a find for the price. I have never used a dynamic balancer that cost less then $5k. One was $28K. This is much more accurate and faster then using a phone's accelerators. Already ordered. Thanks again.

Reactions: z-axis

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44