Secondary GPS?

Reaction score
I just connected my Solo to MP for the first time and started exploring the advanced settings. I noticed that there is now an option for a secondary GPS (as of ver 3.2, I was unaware). I'm curious if anyone has knowledge of this or has ever flew a UAV with redundant GPS receivers? I personally haven't had any problems losing signal but then again I have been very cognoscente of the problems plaguing Solos GPS so I have mostly flown in large open fields with few obstructions to LOS.

Something else I have considered is a GPS repeater. You can purchase these from Amazon and know from personal experience that they are very effective. Just don't use them near an airport :)

See "connecting to pixhawk":
common-3DR UBlox GPS + Compass Module | Mission Planner

Reactions: Adimuzio513
Nice catch and great question, I too haven't had issues, well since my first week or two owning solo, mine played tug o war with me veering left twice and lost gps and tweaked out once early on.

I have also used manual quite a bit and been cautious of anything gps related and would like more confidence to go under trees and in tighter areas without being nervous. I've had good results but same as my fpvlr even though I didn't need crazy range, I'd rather be safe than sorry.

I'm going to give it a shot when I get home in a few weeks. Only question is where to mount it. Not much real estate on the top of Solo... My question is why people are having so many problems with the current GPS receiver? I'm pretty sure it's the same one (ublox) that is used with current versions of pixhawk and APM. They have functioned very well for me over the years.

I'm going to give it a shot when I get home in a few weeks. Only question is where to mount it. Not much real estate on the top of Solo... My question is why people are having so many problems with the current GPS receiver? I'm pretty sure it's the same one (ublox) that is used with current versions of pixhawk and APM. They have functioned very well for me over the years.
I run duel GPS on my home built stuff running pixhawk ever since this MP added the update.
I can't see why the pixhawk II should be any different..set your second GPS reciever on a mast about 3" above the CL of the motors so it's out of the way of the mag fields generated from the motors during flight. IN mission planner you can see both GPS recievers hdop and sat count..Give it a try and post your results..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andre felipe colorado