Saved video feeds on Solex

Reaction score
Hey guys, new Solex convert here. And I was just wondering about a feature that I had become accustomed to in the old Solo app.

I had noticed in Instagram that my video feed from my flights was being saved to my phone and were showing up in my Instagram for immediate sharing. I added the folder they were being saved to to my Google photos sync so I have a backup of them as well. Great for sharing a quick review of a flight prior to post production.

Now that I'm on Solex for the past few flights I've noticed there's no video saved in the background. Is this an option? Are they just being stored somewhere else? Or are they not kept at all in Solex?

d7e03b8f57f755ddf6475dcf6338b6f4.jpg
. Store files locally.. is that it?

d7e03b8f57f755ddf6475dcf6338b6f4.jpg
. Store files locally.. is that it?

Nope, not at all. That's for storing files in shared space on the device (where they don't get deleted on an uninstall). Look in the Camera Settings screen (slides out from the right on the flight screen). Scroll down, and look at "Save to Camera Roll". Be advised that this doesn't work reliably on all Android devices. There are devices with codecs which crash attempting to encode .mp4 files, out of the control of the application. The best Solex can do (as well as the 3DR app) is to avoid crashing when this happens. So my advice is to try it on your device.

Reactions: sastian
Nope, not at all. That's for storing files in shared space on the device (where they don't get deleted on an uninstall). Look in the Camera Settings screen (slides out from the right on the flight screen). Scroll down, and look at "Save to Camera Roll". Be advised that this doesn't work reliably on all Android devices. There are devices with codecs which crash attempting to encode .mp4 files, out of the control of the application. The best Solex can do (as well as the 3DR app) is to avoid crashing when this happens. So my advice is to try it on your device.
Yeah i wanna have that menu to select the camera roll function but it only for a nanoseccond comes into the screen before instantly dissapearing again. So technically that camera settings/menu window on the right is not available/present/working in my Solex app... how can i fix this bullshitty cancer error ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig