Refurbished Solo direct from 3DR: $189.99

I did the mRobotics board and V2 shield upgrade on both my refurbished (they look new to me) units. I almost always get 20+ birds pronto and a HDOP of .5-.7. Well worth the investment and a little bit of work.

I'm considering the MRO as well. I did the shield and I get 13 sats regularly pretty quick.

Okay I broke down and bought the damn MRO GPS! It'll help with my nervousness flying.

Just got two factory refurbs delivered to me in Scotland along with 6 additional batteries. Both Solos have rev.2 GPS so will see how they get on before considering Here upgrades :)

Just got two factory refurbs delivered to me in Scotland along with 6 additional batteries. Both Solos have rev.2 GPS so will see how they get on before considering Here upgrades :)
Did you get screwed for import duty? I pick mine up in Florida next week and am hoping not to ;-)

Bill

Did you get screwed for import duty? I pick mine up in Florida next week and am hoping not to ;-)

Bill
Well there's no import duty to pay as such because they're classed as RC Toys which is 0% duty. So just VAT on import. Factoring in international shipping costs, exchange rate and the VAT it was still much, much cheaper to self-import officially than to buy in UK. Basically the two Solos and six additional batteries cost less than two Solos from UK stock.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dachl