Refurbished Solo direct from 3DR: $189.99

C6Joe.....

Your signature and avatar suggest that you are 97 yrs old and born on 1/1.....and drive a Vette....I believe you are a fake....enough said.....goodbye

Reactions: dmyhill and C6Joe
Don't live in California, I'm in Nevada. It is the principle that needs to be addressed, not the cost. "Who has the time?" Well, I do. I am retired, so I do have the time.

I don't know you, and have no idea the kind of man you are.

But...

It 'sounds' to me like you are one of the problems this country has. IE: I don't want to get involved, or I don't have the time, or it costs too much, etc. I was brought up with the ethic, if I don't like the way something is, work to get it changed. And do so through legal means. Don't like a politician? Vote him out. Don't like a law? Research why you don't like it, and if one's feeling are that it is wrong, work to change it. Or, work to inform others why it is correct.

I was never taught to use violence or rioting to try and change.

So, If something is wrong, I will work to change it, legally.

Now, back to the point of your comment. If 3DR doesn't want to refund my money, and furnish a pre-paid return label, (Or send the v2 GPS and shield)I can, and will, file an action in Truckee, California. It will cost me 75 dollars, but I know, win or lose, it will cost 3DR much more to fight it. Should they choose to to ignore the summons, I will win by default. I can then petition the court to seize all their assets in California until they satisfy the judgement of the court. Should they chose to dispute my action and show up, they will have spent roughly 20 times what refunding my money would have cost them. I win again. *THAT* would be foolish of them!

So you see, there *IS* a method to my madness.

I seriously doubt 3DR will ignore me. They are too smart (I hope) to take this lightly.

Time will tell.

Good Day!

So crotchety! I also think that this country has several problems, one of which is the litigious nature of some of the population. I have no doubt that 3DR will give you your money back even though, if I'm not mistaken, they clearly state "no refunds". You obviously don't really want your money back. What you seem to want is something for free. Apparently, your friend was able to screw a company out of a new unit and now it's your turn. You're counting on the company trying to avoid court time/legal fees, even if they're right, so you can get your way. They clearly outline the refurb process on their site but you're looking for a loop hole you can exploit. It's like guys that take tickets to court even when they are guilty just in case the cop doesn't show.

The topper is that you're trying to take the moral high ground here. You used the word "principle", like you're some kind of social justice warrior fighting for the rights of all consumers! Hahaha! I'm surprised you're "settling" for only an $80 gps and a $30 shield to go with your $190 refurbished unit. When are you filling for your "emotional" damages? That should be good for $100k, right?

C6Joe.....

Your signature and avatar suggest that you are 97 yrs old and born on 1/1.....and drive a Vette....I believe you are a fake....enough said.....goodbye

Heh...Eat your heart out sonny. Yeah..I'm old, but not quite that old! I will give you this, when asked how old I am, I tell them I am so old, I saw the first sunset. As for the Corvettes. My brother and I have each had Corvettes since we were old enough to drive. My first was in 1958, and my current car is a C6 Base Coupe, 2006 vintage. Unfortunately, my brother passed away 2 years ago February. Prostate cancer got him. It is unfortunate, but there are some rules of life that should never be violated: 1, Your children should never, EVER, go before you. (They haven't so far!), and 2, Your younger siblings should never go before you. Sadly, the Grim Reaper wasn't paying attention to that rule. :(

Here we (Well, my brother, I was taking the picture.) are, a year before he was diagnosed and passed: That's his C5 in front, and my C6 in the rear.

Downieville_06.jpg

Well....your signature says you are 97.....fix it then.....and nobody gives a rat's ass about what you drive or how much money you may or may not have......but what we do know is your sue happy.....

Well....your signature says you are 97.....fix it then.....and nobody gives a rat's ass about what you drive or how much money you may or may not have......but what we do know is your sue happy.....
Maybe that's how he got the vetts

Heh...Eat your heart out sonny. Yeah..I'm old, but not quite that old! I will give you this, when asked how old I am, I tell them I am so old, I saw the first sunset. As for the Corvettes. My brother and I have each had Corvettes since we were old enough to drive. My first was in 1958, and my current car is a C6 Base Coupe, 2006 vintage. Unfortunately, my brother passed away 2 years ago February. Prostate cancer got him. It is unfortunate, but there are some rules of life that should never be violated: 1, Your children should never, EVER, go before you. (They haven't so far!), and 2, Your younger siblings should never go before you. Sadly, the Grim Reaper wasn't paying attention to that rule. :(

Here we (Well, my brother, I was taking the picture.) are, a year before he was diagnosed and passed: That's his C5 in front, and my C6 in the rear.

View attachment 6178

Whom did sue to get that car? Did you slip on the floor at a supermarket and found the wet floor sign was 2.3 mm too short? Did you guys sue MC Donald's for your health problems? You think it makes it better that you don't need the money, you brag about how well off you are while you're tying up the legal system to deal with your freebie quest.

Reactions: Bilge
So crotchety! What you seem to want is something for free. Nope, just what is due! Apparently, your friend was able to screw a company out of a new unit and now it's your turn. You're counting on the company trying to avoid court time/legal fees, even if they're right, so you can get your way. They clearly outline the refurb process on their site They do? Never saw anything that described exactly what they did in a refurb. but you're looking for a loop hole you can exploit. It's like guys that take tickets to court even when they are guilty just in case the cop doesn't show. Wouldn't know, never have been the recipant of a citation.

The topper is that you're trying to take the moral high ground here. You used the word "principle", like you're some kind of social justice warrior fighting for the rights of all consumers! Hahaha! I'm surprised you're "settling" for only an $80 gps and a $30 shield to go with your $190 refurbished unit. When are you filling for your "emotional" damages? That should be good for $100k, right? No, that is in a higher court process. I would only be looking to small claims.

Let me ask you this: If you bought, say a 1965 Mustang, and it was advertised as fully, 100% stock, original, as delivered in 1965. You paid say, $35,000 for this genuine, original, stock Mustang. You enter it in a car show, in the stock car class and are told by the judges, the car has a repro radio in the dash, so you get disqualified.

Are you going to tell me you are just gonna let it slide that you were mislead, perhaps innocently, but still, your dream of being able to drive, show, and tell of owning a great piece of automotive history, is now gone, that you would not seek a redress to your situation? That you would not go back and ask the seller to either install a factory radio, or give your money back? After all, you 'could' go to the Mustang Club website and buy a working factory stock radio for a 500 bucks, so what are you going to do?

I know, you'll could tell me that's different, because of the costs involved, but really? If you let that go by, I would genuinely be surprised.

Whom did sue to get that car? Did you slip on the floor at a supermarket and found the wet floor sign was 2.3 mm too short? Did you guys sue MC Donald's for your health problems? You think it makes it better that you don't need the money, you brag about how well off you are while you're tying up the legal system to deal with your freebie quest.

No, actually, I worked for some rather unsavory people, running drugs. no, wait..that was last year's story. HmmmmI was in politics. No, Oh wait....I inherited my money. No shame in that. I get to listen to people like you who are simply envious of my position. Yeah, I have money. Never bothered me, I rather enjoy it. Envy is not something I have experienced much in my life. Can you two, say the same? I suspect not.

Eat your hearts out.

I am tired of all this, as I am sure other readers are too. Good day gentlemen.

End of topic

And your bitchin about a 200-300 drone....you have serious issues....get a life.....that's right....you and ambulance chaser buddies.....wow...this thread went sideways

Reactions: dmyhill
Let me ask you this: If you bought, say a 1965 Mustang, and it was advertised as fully, 100% stock, original, as delivered in 1965. You paid say, $35,000 for this genuine, original, stock Mustang. You enter it in a car show, in the stock car class and are told by the judges, the car has a repro radio in the dash, so you get disqualified.

Are you going to tell me you are just gonna let it slide that you were mislead, perhaps innocently, but still, your dream of being able to drive, show, and tell of owning a great piece of automotive history, is now gone, that you would not seek a redress to your situation? That you would not go back and ask the seller to either install a factory radio, or give your money back? After all, you 'could' go to the Mustang Club website and buy a working factory stock radio for a 500 bucks, so what are you going to do?

I know, you'll could tell me that's different, because of the costs involved, but really? If you let that go by, I would genuinely be surprised.

Good try pops, I almost used a similar analogy myself. In this scenario, YOU would expect them to put a 2017 motor in it!!! The Solo you received WAS refurbished to a state like new for that exact unit. It came with a v1 gps and it was delivered to you with the same. It may have been manufactured in 2015 with a v1 gps, you want them to provide you with a 2016 v2 gps. Some of the refurb units may come with the v2 gps because either they originally had it or that was the problem with the unit initially and they replaced it with the new one.

In fact, when you purchase a classic car, it's important that all of the specs and numbers match. You are demanding that 3DR put that "repro" radio in your "car". They gave you the unit exactly as it was originally manufactured.

No, actually, I worked for some rather unsavory people, running drugs. no, wait..that was last year's story. HmmmmI was in politics. No, Oh wait....I inherited my money. No shame in that. I get to listen to people like you who are simply envious of my position. Yeah, I have money. Never bothered me, I rather enjoy it. Envy is not something I have experienced much in my life. Can you two, say the same? I suspect not.

Eat your hearts out.

I am tired of all this, as I am sure other readers are too. Good day gentlemen.

End of topic

Envy? Seriously? Hahahaha! That's the funny thing about the internet, you have no idea who you're talking to or what their situation is. Envious of your position? I have no idea who you are or what "your position" is. You're the one that keeps bringing up your cars, money, whatever. You may have checked my profile but I assure you, I didn't check yours. Who cares? The basic premises are the same whether you're a billionaire or a hood rat. You are wrong in my opinion no matter who you are or what you have. Besides, if that's an accurate picture of you, physically I have you beat by a mile and that's way more important to me than a couple bucks. I'd rather be me with 100k in the bank than you with a million.

I did the mRobotics board and V2 shield upgrade on both my refurbished (they look new to me) units. I almost always get 20+ birds pronto and a HDOP of .5-.7. Well worth the investment and a little bit of work.

Principle of the thing? What a load of BS.

Whenever someone says it is, "The principle of the thing," there are three options: a lying sack of feces, a self-righteous ( ), or someone who is flat out bored.

Me, I think punishing 3dr for these flash sales sounds like a urine poor principle. Most of us appreciate them.

(BTW, we already established that C6Joe had a habit of being untruthful, having put incorrect information about himself on the form requiring truthfulness. Perhaps the admin should sue him for violating the Terms of Service? Fortunately, not everyone is like C6... hopefully he finds peace.)

I did the mRobotics board and V2 shield upgrade on both my refurbished (they look new to me) units. I almost always get 20+ birds pronto and a HDOP of .5-.7. Well worth the investment and a little bit of work.
Hi, I've also ordered one and it's on its way. Could you please share where you purchased the mRobotics board and V2 shield upgrade?
Cheers,
Sam

All of this hoopla over a Rev A vs. Rev B GPS. Small claims court, legal action? That is disgusting and childish. The bottom line is that a Rev B GPS replacement was not implicitly promised with the refurb unit. If you buy a brand new Solo from Amazon, B&H, etc, you might get a Rev A GPS. It's the luck of the draw and the way it is - and everybody knows that. They aren't building anymore, so you get what is available. Same goes for the GPS modules themselves - they only had so many of them manufactured and a lot of them are Rev A. They have to use what is available.
Any reasonable person would realize that is part of the reason they are getting it at fire-sale prices.

Last edited:
Reactions: andrew.baker.142
  • Just ordered mine, $12.42 to Reno, from San Diego (Mexico, actually) Hope it has the version 2 GPS in it. I'll email them and make sure it does. (Probably won't get a response for 4 weeks! :( )
Added: I just sent an email to 3DR support asking about the GPS module.

C6Joe (Soon to be C7Joe and new Avatar!)
Hey guys.
I lucked out. Got mine from best buy geek squad. Free shipping with tax 204.
brand new as far as I can tell. They only opened it to check on contents.
came today ups 1 week from when I ordered it.
Bill :)

Last edited:
Principle of the thing? What a load of BS.

Whenever someone says it is, "The principle of the thing," there are three options: a lying sack of feces, a self-righteous ( ), or someone who is flat out bored.

Me, I think punishing 3dr for these flash sales sounds like a urine poor principle. Most of us appreciate them.

(BTW, we already established that C6Joe had a habit of being untruthful, having put incorrect information about himself on the form requiring truthfulness. Perhaps the admin should sue him for violating the Terms of Service? Fortunately, not everyone is like C6... hopefully he finds peace.)
Shield at DIY & Parts - 3DR
mRobotics module at mRo GPS u-Blox Neo-M8N / 3DR SOLO Upgrade

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc