Refurbished Solo direct from 3DR: $189.99

That is too bad because I had no problems connecting just this past Thursday on the first try.

I got $14.35 for shipping. Here's the thing, and I'm a broken record, but for another $60, which includes shipping, you can get a brand new one from B&H Photo. For total newbs, they are offering the Package with the gimbal and Go Pro Hero Black for $550 shipped. Again they don't charge taxes unless you live in NY of NJ. They have all kinds of parts and accessories for the Solo.

Oh and I hope they ship these bad boys faster than they shipped my GPS shields. At least a month.

I ordered mine on Thursday and it's already on it's way.

Hmmm..no mention from 3DR about mine being shipped. (Although, today is Sunday, so....Maybe tomorrow I will get a notice of shipping and a tracking number from FedEx.)

Mine came in today. No, it does NOT have the V2 GPS. (Unless some of their V2 boards were green!) Already sent a message to 3DRobotics that I want my money back. I fully expected to have the latest, trouble free GPS module, in the bird, not one that has known issues and caused more than a few birds to be lost to the instability of the V1 GPS. To get around this, they could simply send me the V2 GPS board and updated GPS shield, and I will return mine when the replacements come in.

As I only live 20 miles from Truckee California, I can file a claim against them in small claims court and they would have to respond or sustain tremendous inconveniences. And yes, they have a corporate presence in California.

Or, they can simply refund my money and send me a return label to return the bird to them. Either way, I am in the driver's seat. It would behove them to just furnish the V2 board and shield and be done with me.

Oh yes, the box was damaged in shipping as well, the corner was crushed and that got the actual box the bird was in, but no damage at all to the bird

C6Joe

Mine came in today. No, it does NOT have the V2 GPS. (Unless some of their V2 boards were green!) Already sent a message to 3DRobotics that I want my money back. I fully expected to have the latest, trouble free GPS module, in the bird, not one that has known issues and caused more than a few birds to be lost to the instability of the V1 GPS. To get around this, they could simply send me the V2 GPS board and updated GPS shield, and I will return mine when the replacements come in.

As I only live 20 miles from Truckee California, I can file a claim against them in small claims court and they would have to respond or sustain tremendous inconveniences. And yes, they have a corporate presence in California.

Or, they can simply refund my money and send me a return label to return the bird to them. Either way, I am in the driver's seat. It would behove them to just furnish the V2 board and shield and be done with me.

Oh yes, the box was damaged in shipping as well, the corner was crushed and that got the actual box the bird was in, but no damage at all to the bird

C6Joe
Please let me know how you make out. I purchased one also, but I've yet to receive it. Thanks.

Did they say that it will come with v2 gps on the listing? Why blame 3dr for something that they didn't do? Is the solo you have right now not working? Is there any problem with the solo that they sent you? I am just at a loss on why the fit from you? I didn't see them shortchaging you and yet you're blaming everything or just so mad that you got a v1 gps. I bought a brand new solo for more than the amount you paid yet I am not blaming anyone for getting a v1 gps. If they said you're getting a v2 gps with the refurbished unit then I get it but if they did not I don't see it. Just wondering about your reactions. You even mentioned about the claims court which to me is just way too much.......

In the world of electronics, the courts hold factory refurbished as meaning refurbished to the newest standard for that model. They don't have to say it *doesn't* include. By *not* say it doesn't include, the courts assumption is that it was refurbished to the latest version of that model and device. [Again, this only applies to a FACTORY refurbished model, not after market refurbed.] (I think that makes sense.)

My brother went through this with a piece of amateur radio equipment he bought factory refurbed. Something to do with a popular model that was updated, at no charge, as the model was continuously released. The radio he got was a refurbed original with none of the modifications of the later models. The courts held the radio's manufacturer had to replace the radio with a like, latest model or up date his. (They just sent him a new radio, that wasn't a refurb, the lucky bugger.

hmmm, i didn't know that. i am learning something. glad to know. now i know what to do next. thanks. good luck and let me know how it goes.

Ok...they should put on there what GPS it is...but you already knew it would be the first gen. Everyone has gotten the same thing. Every single person. And they talk about it on this forum. So, the likelihood you didn't know is about zero.

Do you think that your foreknowledge of what 3dr was shipping will influence any court case? Will this forum be subpoenaed for records of what posts you viewed, and when?

It would be curious to see.

Actually, 3DR told me that a number of the refurbs *were* upgraded to the V2 GPS, but the respond'er did not know how many, or if it was all. (This was a week and half (or so) ago when the offer first popped.)

Ok...they should put on there what GPS it is...but you already knew it would be the first gen. Everyone has gotten the same thing. Every single person. And they talk about it on this forum. So, the likelihood you didn't know is about zero.

Do you think that your foreknowledge of what 3dr was shipping will influence any court case? Will this forum be subpoenaed for records of what posts you viewed, and when?

It would be curious to see.

I can tell it's a California guy! I couldn't fathom going to court over less than $200. Who has that kind of ttime? Besides, I thought it's basically standard to do the MRO with shield update anyway. The shield is $15 for goodness sake. Btw the shield is an accessory, not an update to the unit so by your argument they don't owe it to you.

Actually, 3DR told me that a number of the refurbs *were* upgraded to the V2 GPS, but the respond'er did not know how many, or if it was all. (This was a week and half (or so) ago when the offer first popped.)

As I understand the process, I have a refurb as well, they repair any faults. Do a diagnostic, replace any problem parts, clean it up and put it on the shelf. It depends on what it came in with and if the GPS was the problem, they replace it. If it's working, they don't. They don't arbitrarily replace everything, that would be a new unit. Next you'll be mad that they don't replace all the motor pods....Because they don't... Oh, oh I feel another lawsuit coming....

Reactions: nbrege
Don't live in California, I'm in Nevada. It is the principle that needs to be addressed, not the cost. "Who has the time?" Well, I do. I am retired, so I do have the time.

I don't know you, and have no idea the kind of man you are.

But...

It 'sounds' to me like you are one of the problems this country has. IE: I don't want to get involved, or I don't have the time, or it costs too much, etc. I was brought up with the ethic, if I don't like the way something is, work to get it changed. And do so through legal means. Don't like a politician? Vote him out. Don't like a law? Research why you don't like it, and if one's feeling are that it is wrong, work to change it. Or, work to inform others why it is correct.

I was never taught to use violence or rioting to try and change.

So, If something is wrong, I will work to change it, legally.

Now, back to the point of your comment. If 3DR doesn't want to refund my money, and furnish a pre-paid return label, (Or send the v2 GPS and shield)I can, and will, file an action in Truckee, California. It will cost me 75 dollars, but I know, win or lose, it will cost 3DR much more to fight it. Should they choose to to ignore the summons, I will win by default. I can then petition the court to seize all their assets in California until they satisfy the judgement of the court. Should they chose to dispute my action and show up, they will have spent roughly 20 times what refunding my money would have cost them. I win again. *THAT* would be foolish of them!

So you see, there *IS* a method to my madness.

I seriously doubt 3DR will ignore me. They are too smart (I hope) to take this lightly.

Time will tell.

Good Day!

As I understand the process, I have a refurb as well, they repair any faults. Do a diagnostic, replace any problem parts, clean it up and put it on the shelf. It depends on what it came in with and if the GPS was the problem, they replace it. If it's working, they don't. They don't arbitrarily replace everything, that would be a new unit. Next you'll be mad that they don't replace all the motor pods....Because they don't... Oh, oh I feel another lawsuit coming....

By factory 'reburbished' it is understood by the courts, to have been put in a like new, as currently or lastly sold to the public, condition.

C6Joe....you are taking this way to serious......instead of filing for $75.....take 80 and buy yourself and Mro GPS upgrade and move on...wow....quite the response to Lon....concerning the refurb......just deal with the issues....everything is not perfect in this world....including 1st generation drones....get over it

Bilge..Like I said earlier...It's the principle, and I won't back down from that. Just not my nature. Money is no issue with me. Just Look at my avatar and sig. However, I do like to save money so look for bargains. Hence my communications with 3DR initially. :)

And that is why insurance companies will spend millions on lawyers to defend a 50k lawsuit.....because it is the principle.......but in your case....3dr does not have that kind of money to spend.....they just got new funding..... I am sure they do not want to spend it defending some frivolous lawsuit...... they should do what it takes to make you happy....I get it

Reactions: jbrunel

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigmiiike0421