Real World Video w/Gimbal !!

Nice Job. Philly has some nice places to shoot. Love the old bridge.

Reactions: DodgeP
I love old bridges actually. I was in Philly a few years ago and had to drive up to Allentown for a deposition and some of the old bridges and river leaving Philly were outstanding. You are lucky to have that type of scenery.

I liked it, it's got that "magic" about it, Texture, smoothness, :)

Thanks! I think the I1 is still a little wobbly (more than I'd prefer) in the wind and those attributes can be seen in some of the shots I posted but, I'm okay with that; for now.

Thanks! I think the I1 is still a little wobbly (more than I'd prefer) in the wind and those attributes can be seen in some of the shots I posted but, I'm okay with that; for now.

The shot near the one building showed the bushes blowing like crazy. I have to think the I1 has to be better that the P3 in the wind??

The shot near the one building showed the bushes blowing like crazy. I have to think the I1 has to be better that the P3 in the wind??

I have never flown a P series from DJI but my thing is this. In promo videos it's really hard to tell how the bird actually does in wind. Most of the stability stuff I've seen is from people pushing the legs and I just don't find that to be a "real world" scenario. You can bump up the Gains and Expo settings n the app but then every little bird movement is/looks like a jerking motion or it's too pillow soft and it would be hard to recover (quickly) from a gust of wind or fast movement, it's safe to say that I have yet to find the sweet spot with the I1 and that is my purpose for Solo.

The strange thing is this, the wind at the :48 second mark is far less forceful than it was at the 1:30 mark but the wobble is more noticeable at the :48 mark; to me. The Art Museum is shaped in a U layout in the front (where I was filming that video) and the wind gets in there and is forever swirling around something wicked.

I've asked for tips for better stability in the Inspire1 group but none returned as of yet.

I think the P3 will do decent shots in the wind without landing gear if the pilot is paying attention. You can jerk it in any direction and show them on purpose though.

I am not sure but I think the 3rd party stuff like Litchi and Ultimate flight app have not taken advantage of "ease" at start and stop like the Solo is supposed to. So at this point you better fly slow to guarantee a perfect shot with 3dr party stuf..

I am expecting better out of the Solo. I heard Colin many times talk about ease in and out.

Hello Philadelphia !

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Taken with my I1 of course..
That absolutely beautiful. I wish I could do 1/10 as good. Loved it and good job

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fatbeatle