Range testing

Reaction score
This may be a stupid question, but how do I test the range of my Solo, like if I want to test different antennas?
Do I just fly away from me in a straight line until connection is lost? Will Solo then return to home & land? Or will it just fly towards home & then stop once it's back in range? I'd kinda like to know what's gonna happen (or supposed to happen) before I just go out & try it. Thanks...

If you haven't downloaded the manual, you want to. It has much more info than the quick start guide that came with Solo. This will be covered in the manual. What happens is when Solo loses signal from the controller, it initiates a RTH. Solo will go to it's set RTH altitude and head back to it's home point, assuming it had a good gps lock on takeoff. After reaching home it will either auto land, or you can switch to fly when controller signal is reconnected and keep flying, or you can go to manual control and land it yourself, which most of us do. Just be sure to be practiced in flying manually, as Solo's response to flight input is different. Also remember, it is highly recommended to not go beyond line of sight when flying, since that is what the FAA mandates. Good luck, and safe flying.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela