Question on Antenna extender

Reaction score
So my boss picked up an antenna to extend the range on the Solo. It's the Alfa APA-M25.
I didn't know he picked it up, my question is - would this actually work for a drone? It looks like its for wireless devices.

2/4GHz + 5GHz Dual Band High Gain Indoor Panel Antenna

Thanks in advance guys,

So my boss picked up an antenna to extend the range on the Solo. It's the Alfa APA-M25.
I didn't know he picked it up, my question is - would this actually work for a drone? It looks like its for wireless devices.

Thanks in advance guys,
I believe that they should work. Some knowledgeable people (hint Ian) actually swear by them. You might actually try one stock and one of these.

Thanks in advance guys,
It's actually the antenna I have. It's more than double the price (+$15) of the single band 2.4Ghz unit (APA-M04). It only gives a little more gain (+1dBi) in the 2.4Ghz frequency range.

I liked the shape better - figured it wouldn't get in the way of whatever other antenna I decided to use and it was in stock when I ordered. I use it in combination with other antennas including the stock whip.

If you search for the Solo Antenna Mod and Wifi Card Upgrade Testing threads, I've posted results with the APA-M25 used in 2 different areas - one lower congested Wifi environment vs highly congested Wifi environment.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks