QGround Control Now does surveys

Reaction score
for the tower envious IOS users
Announcing the release of QGroundControl V3.1. Notable changes in this release:
- Survey mission support
- GeoFence Support in Plan View
- Rally Point support in Plan View (ArduPilot only)
- ArduPilot onboard compass calibration
- Parameter editor search will now search as you type for quicker access
- Parameter display now supports unit conversion
- GeoTag images from log files (PX4 only)
- System health in instrument panel
- Mavlink 2.0 support (no signing yet)

Updated docs and install instructions are here: https://donlakeflyer.gitbooks.io/qgroundcontrol-user-guide/content/11

for the tower envious IOS users
Announcing the release of QGroundControl V3.1. Notable changes in this release:
- Survey mission support
- GeoFence Support in Plan View
- Rally Point support in Plan View (ArduPilot only)
- ArduPilot onboard compass calibration
- Parameter editor search will now search as you type for quicker access
- Parameter display now supports unit conversion
- GeoTag images from log files (PX4 only)
- System health in instrument panel
- Mavlink 2.0 support (no signing yet)

Updated docs and install instructions are here: https://donlakeflyer.gitbooks.io/qgroundcontrol-user-guide/content/11

Are you using QGC with Solo?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

how is your video stream working in QGC? mine is lagging alot (like 2-3 frames per second), no matter if I am running QGC in tablet or laptop, while the Tower app shows smooth video

I just downloaded Q for the first time ever last week. Haven't had time to use it more than a few minutes. But the video stream from solo wasn't coming through. Is it supposed to be compatible with solo video? This is on Android.

I just downloaded Q for the first time ever last week. Haven't had time to use it more than a few minutes. But the video stream from solo wasn't coming through. Is it supposed to be compatible with solo video? This is on Android.
Yes you should be able to get the video from Solo in QGC, if you have the GoPro on and turn the solo and the remote on and connect to the solo wifi and open QGC app then it should automatically connect (including the video stream)

Uninstalled Qground contro but will add it back some day. Its ROS friendly but for my flying between tower and solex, I just don't have an application for QGC

P2P, You answered a question I had last week about Tower Applications. Excellent reply, you mentioned using Mission Planner for Geotagin images. Which Mission Planner app. in your opinion is the best to use for Geotagin.

I see this controls different cameras. Is there a way to control (trigger) a Sony a6000 on a Solo?

P2P, You answered a question I had last week about Tower Applications. Excellent reply, you mentioned using Mission Planner for Geotagin images. Which Mission Planner app. in your opinion is the best to use for Geotagin.

Mission Planner is a open source (free) PC program that can do everything Tower does and much more. It has a powerful tool to geo reference photos after a mission. Ideally you have MP connected to Solo during the mission, but if not you can connect later and download the logs.
Probably plenty of YouTube videos showing how it works if you are interested.

I really like Q Ground Control, but im having heavy video lag also??? any fix for this????
also I dont understand the change speed option in waypoints??

Attachments

• IMG_0867.JPG
    IMG_0867.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 16
with that default setting, i hit 24mph between waypoints?????

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela