PVR Goggles that really work

Reaction score
Correction: should FPV goggles not PVR goggles.
I've been fooling around with half a dozen iterations of PVR goggles for several years, so I'll say this for starters: 2D looks much better than 3D. Why, well you get twice the pixels in 2D that you get in 3D. This is what I use and they work extremely well:
Quanum Goggles (originally a HobbyKing item, but not sold anymore, however available on eBay for $40)
Quanum 2 upgrade kit (replaces the Fresnel lenses with solid plastic lenses, as low as $12.25 eBay)
Vintage Aviator Motorcycle Goggles (just use the foam eye surrounds from these, $8 eBay)
Smart phone with 4.7" to 5.2" screen. (currently using 5.2", 5.5" a little too big for viewing)
Assembly:
Assemble the goggles disregarding everything except the lenses, which ever kind you choose, they'll both work.
Unstich the foam eye surrounds from the motorcycle goggles and velcro them to the Quanum Goggles, they do not have to be light tight, that is taken care of when you wear them.
Now be sure the Quanum Goggle glove is tight on the foam body, then after dialing in the settings in the Solo app slid the phone in behind the two straps at the end of the goggle.
That's it, enjoy the ride!
IMG_20180420_013425[1].jpg IMG_20180420_013323[1].jpg IMG_20180420_013229[1].jpg IMG_20180420_013047[1].jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Dartmango
I've been fooling around with half a dozen iterations of PVR goggles for several years, so I'll say this for starters: 2D looks much better than 3D. Why, well you get twice the pixels in 2D that you get in 3D. This is what I use and they work extremely well:
Quanum Goggles (originally a HobbyKing item, but not sold anymore, however available on eBay for $40)
Quanum 2 upgrade kit (replaces the Fresnel lenses with solid plastic lenses, as low as $12.25 eBay)
Vintage Aviator Motorcycle Goggles (just use the foam eye surrounds from these, $8 eBay)
Smart phone with 4.7" to 5.2" screen. (currently using 5.2", 5.5" a little too big for viewing)
Assembly:
Assemble the goggles disregarding everything except the lenses, which ever kind you choose, they'll both work.
Unstich the foam eye surrounds from the motorcycle goggles and velcro them to the Quanum Goggles, they do not have to be light tight, that is taken care of when you wear them.
Now be sure the Quanum Goggle glove is tight on the foam body, then after dialing in the settings in the Solo app slid the phone in behind the two straps at the end of the goggle.
View attachment 8564 View attachment 8565 View attachment 8566 View attachment 8567
Wow that's cool. I would actually buy that.

Correction: should FPV goggles not PVR goggles.
Assembly:
View attachment 8564 View attachment 8565 View attachment 8566 View attachment 8567
I use this exclusively now, I've even pulled the tablet/phone mount off the controller giving me more room for antenna positioning. Highly recommend.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig