Propeller Case/Storage

Reaction score
What does everyone use to store/transport their propellers? Is there a compact carrying portfolio (like a CD case type) product or does everyone just use the boxes that the props came in when they bought their solo. Thanks in advance.

What does everyone use to store/transport their propellers? Is there a compact carrying portfolio (like a CD case type) product or does everyone just use the boxes that the props came in when they bought their solo. Thanks in advance.
I keep my solo in a pelican case, and just chuck'em in there loose, in a pick and pull hole. Works great. Why bother with putting them in a case that you have to unzip every time you need your props. blah.

Ok, that makes sense. I was just thinking of trying to protect them and keep them organized and pristine. I've got the backpack and it has a spot for them that fits the boxes that they originally come in. I just know that those boxes won't last long. I think I read somewhere that a Pringles can could work for prop storage, but I don't think that will fit in the prop compartment of the backpack.

I use one of the long narrow 'Really Useful Box' es.... they have then on Amazon.com. I carry 4 spares in a bit of bubble wrap quite securely - it could probably fit more. Lid clips shut and fits nicely in my backpack. It's the 35x10x4.5 cm one (sorry, we're metric over here) :)

I just put them loose in the place provided in the Solo backpack, and the spares in the zippered pocket, also loose. That is what I have always done, and I am on the original props I got with Solo #1 back in the preorder days. As long as they aren't chipped or cracked, I will still use them.

I use the polystyrene that came in the original solo box. The one that held the 6 props. I cut the square open section off. Which just left the "perfect" cut outs for 6 props. This, if you measure it right, just fits into the open section in the back pack.
You know where the props are meant to be stored.

Call me daft (ok your daft lol) but I thought that is what everyone had done. I thought that was why it (the prop polystyrene from the main solo box) was that size for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just put them loose in the place provided in the Solo backpack, and the spares in the zippered pocket, also loose. That is what I have always done, and I am on the original props I got with Solo #1 back in the preorder days. As long as they aren't chipped or cracked, I will still use them.

I was going to try to be like Chuck and use my original props as long as possible. Then the Cat decided it was fun to gnaw on the propellers while it was sitting on the Dining Room table. She's also chewed props on the planes I have around the house on display. Bad kitty! WTH?

I still fly them. They're not pristine any longer. I wonder how she would like the taste of Carbon Fiber?

I think I've got an extra Otterbox around here I need to find.

I use the polystyrene that came in the original solo box. The one that held the 6 props. I cut the square open section off. Which just left the "perfect" cut outs for 6 props. This, if you measure it right, just fits into the open section in the back pack.
You know where the props are meant to be stored.

Call me daft (ok your daft lol) but I thought that is what everyone had done. I thought that was why it (the prop polystyrene from the main solo box) was that size for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's what I did so it must be right.:rolleyes:

Reactions: speatuk
I was going to try to be like Chuck and use my original props as long as possible. Then the Cat decided it was fun to gnaw on the propellers while it was sitting on the Dining Room table. She's also chewed props on the planes I have around the house on display. Bad kitty! WTH?

I still fly them. They're not pristine any longer. I wonder how she would like the taste of Carbon Fiber?

I think I've got an extra Otterbox around here I need to find.
If kitty had done did that in my house she would be on display wif da planes..

Reactions: speatuk and SARDG
Chuck, just be sure the prop muffler bearings are still good.

I keep my solo in a pelican case, and just chuck'em in there loose, in a pick and pull hole. Works great. Why bother with putting them in a case that you have to unzip every time you need your props. blah.

Which Pelican case are you using for your Solo setup? Any pics you could share?
I'm in search of a good solution.... thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigmiiike0421