Professional Drone for AP?

Reaction score
And by AP I mean Aerial Photography. I like the idea of adding a QX1 to a Solo but the cost is $1500 and you have to ship your drone off for them (Escadrone rep in US) to install. My question is this:

When do you think we will have a consumer drone that has the following:

1. 20MP+ Camera (with interchangeable lenses - optional).
2. 3-axis positioning (servo)
3. Full camera functionality through the app/controller
4. Camera view through app/controller
5. Sub $1000 all up.

Am I dreaming? The Zenmuse X5r ALONE is $3500 and is only 16MP. 20MP Powershot cameras are only $120. Obviously this is much harder than it seems or there is too small a market for it. Thoughts?

Ive been researching the use of the 41 mp camera used in the Lumia 1040 phone as a ripe place for drone sensor devel, but the thing still seems locked in Nokia labs and only seen on phones.....

the best RTF in the pipeline that comes close is the powereye
I think it is coming in at 3K+
the only other option is build.
but who knows what is brewing that we don't know about.

the best RTF in the pipeline that comes close is the powereye
I think it is coming in at 3K+
the only other option is build.
but who knows what is brewing that we don't know about.
The Powereye is in pre-orders for $4k and a bit beyond what is needed solely fir still photographs. Would love one, but not in the budget :)

And by AP I mean Aerial Photography. I like the idea of adding a QX1 to a Solo but the cost is $1500 and you have to ship your drone off for them (Escadrone rep in US) to install. My question is this:

When do you think we will have a consumer drone that has the following:

I'm not sure we'll ever have a consumer drone with those kinds of specs/capabilities, because the average consumer has no need for such. Basically, you're describing a pro level, highly integrated camera platform. Since few outside professionals have the need for that kind of thing, the market will be small and products will be either expensive and/or custom built.

The Zenmuse X5r ALONE is $3500 and is only 16MP. 20MP Powershot cameras are only $120.

But you're comparing basically DSLR level camera and lens WITH gimbal to a consumer point and shoot camera. Apples to oranges.

I guess you are right. I was just bemoaning the fact that there are inexpensive cameras that take much better photos than what's currently in the air. And, was hopeful that somewhere there was a drone capable of putting one up in the sub $1000 range. I can dream can't I? :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc