Problems in flight

Reaction score
I still consider myself a rookie. Probably have 30 flights under my belt. I have had my Solo App crash a few times (iPhone 6S), but no other problems. Today I fly two batteries, no problem. On the third flight, my app crashes several times. I restart it and it goes back to working. I am playing around with smart shots and I notice my LCD on my controller is out, but I still have control. I bring it in for a landing and power cycle the controller. I start everything back up and take back off. After a minute in the air and one smart orbit, I notice the drone rotating slow. Battery is near 25% so I decide to go ahead and land it. As I bring it down, it starts pulsing as it turns, as if it is confused or getting interferance. I get it to the ground and when I hold the stick down, it revs up and acts like it is trying to go left with two legs tilting up a little. It will not shut down and feels like if I let off the down throttle, it would take off or flip. I do the Shutdown keys stroke and it shuts down.

Any ideas what went on here? I have not tried to fly it again yet.

I know you can retrieve some flight data from it, but don't know how to do that. I am running a mac.

Thanks for the info.

I have several hundred flights on my solo and controller. Recently I lost connection between the controller and the app and the solo network was not showing up in the Android network section or Apple settings. I had a full charge on the controller battery and I have the high capacity controller battery so it rarely gets below half charge. I didn't fly that day and put everything away with a full charge on the controller. The next day I pulled solo and the controller out to see what was going on and I noticed the back of the controller was warm. I could see a red LED glowing inside the controller when I looked in through the vents on the back side. The controller battery was almost dead so I charged it and tried connecting to the network again with no luck none of my devices would recognize the solo network. I pulled the battery out of the controller to reboot it since the battery has not been out for over a year. Everything works fine now and it seems to connect faster to the network than it used to. Hope this helps I have never had controller issues before.

Reactions: Solo Keith
Strange, I saw another thread where 3DR asked the user to look in the back of his transmitter for the red light, said to look through the vents. His was red, and 3DR said it was bad, and to return.

Strange, I saw another thread where 3DR asked the user to look in the back of his transmitter for the red light, said to look through the vents. His was red, and 3DR said it was bad, and to return.

I hope I don't have to return it. After rebooting it I have about a dozen flights so far with no issues and the red light is off. Glad I purchased a couple extra combos from BB.

I've got a lot to learn, but I have had to remove the battery from the transmitter twice now, to get past the "waiting for solo" thing. It seems to me as if it's pretty easy to get the solo/transmitter computers confused. Also the wi-fi thing. One tablet I have, a Nexus 7 (2015) model, will show solo wi-fi very weak, and if it connects, it looses it pretty quick. If I turn the tablet off, and back on, it shows full signal, and works properly. I have a Samsung Galaxy tablet, that works every time, no matter what. Weirdness, that's all I can say. I know there is a procedure for what you turn on first, and I do believe it also depends on how your holding your mouth at the same time! Ha!:)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danny5150