Possible drone strike?

Reaction score
BBC news website in the UK is reporting that a drone collided with a passenger plane on approach to Heathrow airport, London. No injuries and the aircraft was inspected and cleared to continue with its next flight.

While the headline states the drone hit the plane, the report says "A plane approaching Heathrow Airport is believed to have hit a drone... ". There is no information on any drone wreckage, so no definitive proof released that it was a drone. Also interesting is that there must have been trivial or no damage to the aircraft, which may support arguments that a drone strike is less dangerous than a large bird.

Drone hit British Airways plane approaching Heathrow Airport - BBC News

Also interesting is that there must have been trivial or no damage to the aircraft, which may support arguments that a drone strike is less dangerous than a large bird.

That's a dangerous assumption to make on what may not even be an actual case of a drone/aircraft collision.

The FAA or some other organization really needs to do some tests with decommissioned airplanes and drones. Not some computer simulation. Real tests. Just to settle this for once and for all. Having been in a small airplane as it collided with a flock of robin-sized birds @ around 90 mph, I simply can't believe you're going to hit a 2 to 3 lb drone @ 200 to 300 mph and not sustain any damage.

Let me translate this article from clickbait bullshit to english.

A plane may have hit something somewhere, but the pilot does not know what it was. Nothing happened. There was no damage. And no nobody did anything. So we're going to claim it was a drone strike in order to sell advertising banner hits in our useless article filled with fluff rather than fact.

Let me translate this article from clickbait bullshit to english.

A plane may have hit something somewhere, but the pilot does not know what it was. Nothing happened. There was no damage. And no nobody did anything. So we're going to claim it was a drone strike in order to sell advertising banner hits in our useless article filled with fluff rather than fact.

because...
View media item 303

As usual. 20 years ago, the media would have done some investigating and fact gathering. As such, this story would never have even existed. It would have been a non-incident, non-story, waste of space. Now, it's not about publishing news, it's about generating mouse click income. All that's needed is a headline, and some fluff.

Reactions: User Name
Also stated by the CASA spokesperson "There's probably in the vicinity of 50,000 drones across the country, so people who fly them have to be responsible."

Again more here say and BS. How about getting some real data! 'Probably' is a stab in the dark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty sad, but yea, you hit the nail on the head. Journalism doesn't exist today, it's basically just noise to drive advertising. I was never really a fan of the likes of The Daily Show and the Colbert Report, since they turned news into comedy. Don't get me wrong, sometimes the news should be taken as comedy, but it seems that many have become unable to, or uninterested in, hearing the news unless it's been reduced to comedy. And this is what you end up with - any pile of shit gets peddled as news just to sell advertising.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea