PolarPro vs Peau

Reaction score
I've been looking at getting a set of filters for my H4B. Trying to decide between the PolarPro set or the Peau set. The Peau set seems to be the better deal, so I'm leaning that way right now. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks...

Peau filters have been shipped so I don't have them yet. possible advantage to the Polar Pro filter pack is I have both CP filters at various ND values and non CP filters at the same values. In other words I have a ND 16 filter and a ND 16 Polarized filter. That applies to the 4 and 8 filter also. the Polar Pro 32 filter is non polarized. Based on what Pyrate says he prefers the Peau.

Yes. If I'm putting another piece of glass in front of my lens I want quality. The Neewer stuff may not be all that bad though. A good ND 32 and 64 are a must have for bright days. I've proven that through testing at various exposures.

I'm assuming that either of these sets work best on medium FOV, right?

Hmmm
I wonder where the Polar Pro or Pea lenses are made.....??

Doesn't everything come from overseas.....

Cheap drone ===>>> cheap lenses.....

All these lenses have to be made in China for 10-20 dolllars

Snake River Concepts lens are by far the best
if you guys like the cheap stuff and are happy with the results rock on

Snake River Concepts lens are by far the best
if you guys like the cheap stuff and are happy with the results rock on

That may be true, but I can't justify the $225 price tag for just a hobby. Maybe if I did it professionally...

Given the small sensor size and quality of the Gopro lens or aftermarket lenses, there becomes a point of diminishing returns on filter quality. Not knocking the Gopro. For its size, weight and cost its great. But its not like your flying with an Alexa Mini.

like I said, rock on
for me I am going to use the best I can afford.
that is why you see fantastic video, and hobby video

like I said, rock on
for me I am going to use the best I can afford.
that is why you see fantastic video, and hobby video

Do you have any videos shot using a Peau filter vs a Snake River filter for comparison? I find it hard to believe that the difference between a fantastic video and a hobby video comes down to choice of filter, everything else being equal.

Pyrate ... I'm confused. So which filters do you use? In post #2 you said you use the Peau filters, but your comments in posts #10 and #13 lead me to believe you use Snake River. Please clarify...

I use snake river for diving.
I bought polars when I fist got solo but never really liked them. When Peau offered their set, I got those for aerial work. The Snake River are very heavy, not good for gimbals

ordered my Peau filters as the deal was just too good

4 days to go, then they arrive

:)

Peau filters came. I like that they weigh less than the Polar Pros. I have marked all, except the UV, to reference the max polarization. Will give the 32 and 64 a workout tomorrow hopefully

Reactions: speatuk
Got mine too. Spiffing.

Can't wait to get out and try them but weather is typical UK.
It's raining lol.

for the record, the "cheap" neewer brand amazon ones are actually fantastic imho.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo