Gone

Brand new I just opened the box to check for fit and they are perfect
Looking to trade for a battery charger
Are you looking to trade for a transmitter battery charger or the smart battery charger?

smart battery charger
Gotcha, unfortunately I need my charger probably more than I want the prop guards so I won't be able to help. I still have yet to fly my brand new drone due to the weather here in OR. I ended up buying the Master Airscrew aftermarket props for my Solo as I heard they create better lift than the stock props and may actually prolong the life of the motor pods. I definitely want to get some prop guards until I get more experience with flying my drone to act almost like training wheels. But I guess if I just stick to a wide open field I should be somewhat safe. How much were the prop guards with shipping?

Gotcha, unfortunately I need my charger probably more than I want the prop guards so I won't be able to help. I still have yet to fly my brand new drone due to the weather here in OR. I ended up buying the Master Airscrew aftermarket props for my Solo as I heard they create better lift than the stock props and may actually prolong the life of the motor pods. I definitely want to get some prop guards until I get more experience with flying my drone to act almost like training wheels. But I guess if I just stick to a wide open field I should be somewhat safe. How much were the prop guards with shipping?
Where did you "hear" that?

They don't fit with MA props.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They don't fit with MA props.

Are you certain of this? It seems to me that the MA props are for the most part the same size as the stock solo props, although there are minor differences. I suppose I could always just use the stock props with guards for my first several flights and then once I have the feel for flying switch to the aftermarket set. I can't believe what people are charging on eBay now for stock solo props!! $20 a pair seems ridiculous especially when you can get a set of 4 MA props for close to the same price.

The MA props wont fit without modification with a heat gun

And then you're changing the flight profile of them. I'd rather have the MAs then having the guards. The best prop guard is learning where and how to fly properly.

I am not a fan of prop guards.
Extra weight
Additional sail area
Will get caught in trees
Makes you look like an amateur
Put that $40 into 2 sets of MA or OEM props.

Reactions: speatuk
Are you certain of this? It seems to me that the MA props are for the most part the same size as the stock solo props, although there are minor differences. I suppose I could always just use the stock props with guards for my first several flights and then once I have the feel for flying switch to the aftermarket set. I can't believe what people are charging on eBay now for stock solo props!! $20 a pair seems ridiculous especially when you can get a set of 4 MA props for close to the same price.

The MA props are a different profile and they sit lower on the motor shaft due to this they do not fit with the prop guards.

I would not use a heat gun to alter the profile of the props, if I was you I would use the standard props with the prop guards then when you feel more confident move over to the MA props without the prop guards.

If there is ever a reason to use the prop guards, keep a set of standard props for this.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: Trader J
I think if anything I'd think about trying to modify the guards before I even thought twice about modifying the props!! That's crazy talk...no offense. Still not convinced I even need prop guards but if they don't fit with the MA props I might not even bother, thanks anyways for the advice.

I think if anything I'd think about trying to modify the guards before I even thought twice about modifying the props!! That's crazy talk...no offense. Still not convinced I even need prop guards but if they don't fit with the MA props I might not even bother, thanks anyways for the advice.

Sorry I meant to say modify the guards not the props :rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo