Please tell me what this means . . .

Reaction score
Website
dattagroover.com
My Solo makes about 16 very fast, high pitched beeps, repeating forever. The controller says ready to fly, but nothing happens when I held down 'Fly'. No indication that anything is off form the controller.(no I didn't have the props on). Gimbal is good and responsive.

The Solo App says battery too low for Solo to Fly. The battery is fully charged- all Leds lit. Tried another battery- same problem.

THis would have been only the 2nd time in the air for this Solo. Never crashed, no problems before this. EXCEPT that it seemed too sensitive to magnetic interference when I was balancing the motors inside. That may not have been an issue- when it was outside, that didn't happen.

I am starting from altitude, on a mountaintop here in Japan, but I used to fly all the time form altitude back home in Colorado.

I calibrated both the level and the compass. Did not make a difference.

Any ideas?

Any ideas?

Here's a page with the Pixhawk beep codes. Check out the Low Battery one and let us know if that's it. Sounds like it could be, it's the only one remotely like what you're describing.

common-Sounds (Pixhawk/PX4) | Copter

I had a mini Pixhawk go bad, and that's all I got when I'd power it up. The power sources I used were fine, so something on the board went bad that resulted in a low battery reading despite the power source being fine.

If that's it, check your battery, otherwise it seems like it may have given up the magic smoke.

Here's a page with the Pixhawk beep codes. Check out the Low Battery one and let us know if that's it. Sounds like it could be, it's the only one remotely like what you're describing.

common-Sounds (Pixhawk/PX4) | Copter

I had a mini Pixhawk go bad, and that's all I got when I'd power it up. The power sources I used were fine, so something on the board went bad that resulted in a low battery reading despite the power source being fine.

If that's it, check your battery, otherwise it seems like it may have given up the magic smoke.
That is exactly the sound. It also corresponds with the Solo App saying battery too low. I tried changing out different batteries with the same result, and rebooting the Solo several times.

I think I will try a hard reset-reboot of the Solo. Maybe I'll wait and talk to 3DR CS first.

So have you figured out what the issue is?
Not yet. My guess is a loose solder connection or loose wire. I spoke to tech support, and they said to send the logs in, but most likely they will have me send the Solo in. He said they might tell me to open it up and fix something. I would actually prefer that rather than carry it around as dead weight. I asked if they allow exchanges at dealers, and they said, "No!"

I only flew this once, and was really hoping to have this work here in Japan, Australia, and New Zealand.

So have you figured out what the issue is?
OKay, got it. Somehow when I used Mission Planner to balance the motors, a parameter got changed. Daniel at 3DR CS gave me the following to reset.

Interesting and important: The hard factory reset on the Solo does NOT reset all things in the Solo.

Flew this afternoon! Japan has 250 meter altitude limits!

Here's what he gave me, which worked:
===================================================================================================
Ok, so this happened after connecting to Mission planner, is possible that some parameter might have accidentally modified and factory reset will not reset all parameters,

Please perform the following procedure to reset parameters on your Solo,

· Install Mission Planner on your computer.

· Turn on your Solo and controller.

· Open Mission Planner and select CONFIG/TUNING from the upper menu icons, locate and verify that Advance View check box is enabled.

· Connect your computer to sololink wifi.

· Go to Mission Planner and select UDP on the left window on the top-right corner.

· Select the CONNECT icon.

· When prompted verify Listern Port value at 14550 and press OK.

· Wait for communication of MAVLink to finish.

· On the top menu on Mission Planner select CONFIG/TUNING.

· On the following list select Full Parameters List.

· Select the Find button from the green buttons located on the right side of the screen and enter SYSID.

· From the list, select SYSID_SW_MREV, normal value should be 120, double click on it and change it to 0.

· Locate the Write Parameters button from the green buttons on the right side of the screen and select it.

· Disconnect Mission Planner from Sololink wifi selecting the CONNECT button on the top-right side of the screen.

· Power cycle Solo(disconnect and reconnect the battery).

· Perform Level and Compass calibrations.

· Do a test flight.

OKay, got it. Somehow when I used Mission Planner to balance the motors, a parameter got changed. Daniel at 3DR CS gave me the following to reset.

Interesting and important: The hard factory reset on the Solo does NOT reset all things in the Solo.

Flew this afternoon! Japan has 250 meter altitude limits!

Here's what he gave me, which worked:
===================================================================================================
Ok, so this happened after connecting to Mission planner, is possible that some parameter might have accidentally modified and factory reset will not reset all parameters,

Please perform the following procedure to reset parameters on your Solo,

· Install Mission Planner on your computer.

· Turn on your Solo and controller.

· Open Mission Planner and select CONFIG/TUNING from the upper menu icons, locate and verify that Advance View check box is enabled.

· Connect your computer to sololink wifi.

· Go to Mission Planner and select UDP on the left window on the top-right corner.

· Select the CONNECT icon.

· When prompted verify Listern Port value at 14550 and press OK.

· Wait for communication of MAVLink to finish.

· On the top menu on Mission Planner select CONFIG/TUNING.

· On the following list select Full Parameters List.

· Select the Find button from the green buttons located on the right side of the screen and enter SYSID.

· From the list, select SYSID_SW_MREV, normal value should be 120, double click on it and change it to 0.

· Locate the Write Parameters button from the green buttons on the right side of the screen and select it.

· Disconnect Mission Planner from Sololink wifi selecting the CONNECT button on the top-right side of the screen.

· Power cycle Solo(disconnect and reconnect the battery).

· Perform Level and Compass calibrations.

· Do a test flight.

Thank you for posting this. Saved my bacon after a failed Mission Planner experiment and the Solo didn't release all the programming data.

Reactions: DattaGroover
What does that actually do? Does it succeed in resetting ALL parameters to their factory default?

There have been numerous reports of parameters getting inadvertently changed by connecting to Solo through Mission Planner. Given how many parameters there are, it's a scary thought.

What does that actually do? Does it succeed in resetting ALL parameters to their factory default?

There have been numerous reports of parameters getting inadvertently changed by connecting to Solo through Mission Planner. Given how many parameters there are, it's a scary thought.
For me it did reset them. I did not knowingly change any parameters in Mission Planner - just used it to balance my motors. Even a factory reset on the Solo did net reset all the params. But the above method (given to me by 3DR support) reset them all to factory settings.

I stupidly conducted a Factory Reset before reading this post. The beeping continues, and now I my 3DR Solo cannot connect (pair) to 3DR Solo app or Mission Control. I guess I am SOL. Any suggestions for my Solo in a beeping coma?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela