Please Disregard, I Made A Mistake And Asked A Stupid Question. Thanks

It's amazing. This guy claims to be such an expert on discussion forums with so much experience dating back to 1979. And here he is, stamping his feet, changing the title of this thread, and storming off like a child. Such a forum expert....

BTW, it is legal to exceed 400' AGL. You just need to stay within 400' of any structure you are photographing, so if you are working with a 1000' tower you can go up to 1400' AGL.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Don't worry, Lon. This isn't the first time and it won't be the last. You never know where a thread will go. That is half the fun of it.....;)

It's the last time I'll ever do it. That's a promise.

It's amazing. This guy claims to be such an expert on discussion forums with so much experience dating back to 1979. And here he is, stamping his feet, changing the title of this thread, and storming off like a child. Such a forum expert....

I'm sorry, sir. I didn't intend to stomp anything or storm off. You rightfully pointed out my foolish mistake and I thought it best to avoid wasting anyone's time reading a redundant thread so I changed the title. I really don't know how much more I can apologize or try to make things right with you. If you'll just tell me what I'm supposed to do in this situation beyond what I've already done, I will do it. All I can do is promise that it won't happen again. Hopefully, in time, you'll see that I meant it through my actions, or in this case, inaction. I intend to take whatever literary punishment presented until this is over. Because of my experience, I feel even more idiotic in this case. I will continue to answer all replies and do my best to build a better reputation on this forum if I'm allowed to continue here. Thank you.

BTW, it is legal to exceed 400' AGL. You just need to stay within 400' of any structure you are photographing, so if you are working with a 1000' tower you can go up to 1400' AGL.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thank you! That's very good information. I'd love to set up a shot where I orbit a tower while climbing at a slow, steady pace.

Last edited:
Don't worry about it, Lon. The fact you are researching, and looking things up is a big plus in your favor. Folks who take the time to at least try to find the answer, goes a long ways with the people on here. If you have problems finding what you need to know, just ask away. I guarantee someone here will be able to help. After all, the only stupid question, is the one that doesn't get asked....:confused:

I appreciate the sentiment, sir, however, I doubt it's one shared by everyone. I'll be certain to thoroughly research any question or thread before posting it in the future. If I have even so much as a sliver of doubt, I'll refrain from asking it.

You need to stop responding and get over the butthurt. Let things go...it's the internet..

generation_butthurt._2345467354.jpg

Reactions: dml931 and SARDG
You need to stop responding and get over the butthurt. Let things go...it's the internet..

generation_butthurt._2345467354.jpg
I'm not "butt hurt", I honestly feel that I'm responsible for taking my licks, as it were. I deserve some abuse for being so stupid. Just like this post.... As I promised, I'll respond to every post regardless of tone. I started this thread, as foolish as that was, and I won't run away without taking responsibility.

Seriously. He's right. Just stop. Your sarcastic apologies and cry baby title changes are making you look annoying enough. Then you remove all doubt by rambling on and on and on in every post, one after another after another, about it. Move on with life. Start acting like the experienced forum user you bragged about being.

Seriously. He's right. Just stop. Your sarcastic apologies and cry baby title changes are making you look annoying enough. Then you remove all doubt by rambling on and on and on in every post, one after another after another, about it. Move on with life. Start acting like the experienced forum user you bragged about being.

Yes sir.

Wait, so first you accused me of "storming off", now you're mad at me for sticking around and replying to your replies... I'll make a deal with you sir, if you stop replying, I'll stop replying. It's kind of strange to reply to someone's thread to say "stop replying"... However, I'll do as you say and will no longer reply to whatever is said. Thank you for your advice. BTW I'm not being "sarcastic", please don't doubt my sincerity or honor. As I am you.

You are absolutely right! I was stupid for starting this thread! My apologies. I do remember seeing the no limit option in the videos but I ASSumed that it had been removed per FAA regs or something. I should have just kept it to myself but I wanted to contribute. Now I see with some research, research that should have been done prior to posting, that it's a well covered topic. I can only hope that I can be forgiven for this oversite and please believe that's it's a mistake that will not be repeated. I promise to thoroughly research every subject before I post about it going forward or at least keep it to myself.

Thank you for your reply and your patience.
Lon, don't worry about. I enjoyed reading and learning from YOUR experience.:)

Well in any case, thank you for your reply! I've told dozens of people that this thing has a 400' ceiling! Man was I wrong! There's a guy that claims he got his over 8,000' ! I not sure how he did it though considering the range. I'd imagine it required some antennae mods at the least.
There was a post from somebody about flying their Solo up to about 4,000 ft in Mexico. Ran out of battery on the way down, the mans' son grabbed it before it crashed.

I have my Solo set with not alt cap. Here is why.
I like filming in rocky mountainous areas (other than desert, I have a mountain close by).
Altitude limit is set to AGL (above ground level). From where I take off and as long as the battery lasts, I can legally fly as high as the mount is, so long as I don't exceed the 400ft AGL taking into account the slope of the mountain.
You can get some pretty good pics and video from that high if you face the camera away from the mountain.

Aussie

Reactions: Lon Denard

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc