Pixhawk 2 on sale now

yep.... the countdown begins
my big motors arrive tomorrow.
trying to track down some 14 or 15 inch props and then pixhawk2 goes in that beast

Very cool, glad to see it finally coming to market. It looks like an awesome flight controller. My only concern is the somewhat awkward form factor, but then again, for the type of craft this is meant to control, that's probably not a problem.

Some folks have already put them on everything from Iris to DIY frames.
so far they seem to adapt well to just about anything you put them on.
I know of one Hex build happening, and mine is an X8 so lots of proof of concept work happening

I definitely plan on picking one up, I almost placed an order immediately... until I looked at my overflowing bin of yet to be used components. I already have three PX4 flight controllers waiting to be used, 20+ motors, lots of CF plates and tubes... The PH2 is definitely my next flight controller though.

Aren't we all flying with one? I mean it's a bit scaled back as far as inputs needed for Solo, but isn't it the ph2 guts basically?

I've been curious about that as well. What is the Solo's pixhawk compared to the old 3DR DIY pixhawk compared to this new Pixhawk 2?

Original Pixhawk had 2 accelerometers, 2 gyroscopes, a single compass and a single barometer, where the Pixhawk 2 has 3 of each with the exception of 2 barometers. Also, it looks like the sensor board in the PH2 is separate, dampened, and vibration isolated in the cube part, so the cube and it's carrier board can be hard mounted to the quad, or the cube itself can be mounted on a custom carrier board. I'm sure there are other differences, but those are some of the big ones. It also supports RTK GPS units, and multiple GPSs. It looks like a pretty serious flight controller, and the asking price isn't too bad considering.

What's the scoop on the GPS module listed on the site? Compared to say, the traditional old 3DR DIY GPS module.

What's the scoop on the GPS module listed on the site? Compared to say, the traditional old 3DR DIY GPS module.
I think the biggest is concurrent reception of up to 3 GNSS (GPS, Galileo, GLONASS, BeiDou). I believe you have to upgrade to the M8N to get close to that currently.

I definitely plan on picking one up, I almost placed an order immediately... until I looked at my overflowing bin of yet to be used components. I already have three PX4 flight controllers waiting to be used, 20+ motors, lots of CF plates and tubes... The PH2 is definitely my next flight controller though.

LOL I could have written this post word for word! 3 (at least) PX4 FCs: check. 20+ motors: check. Plates, tubes and hardware to build at least 5 MRs: check. Next FC, PH2: check. :D :D Don't get me started on the multiple RPis, Odroids and Beaglebones! :rolleyes:

LOL I could have written this post word for word! 3 (at least) PX4 FCs: check. 20+ motors: check. Plates, tubes and hardware to build at least 5 MRs: check. Next FC, PH2: check. :D :D Don't get me started on the multiple RPis, Odroids and Beaglebones! :rolleyes:

Ha! Yep, five Raspberry Pi's - two 2's, a 3, and two Zeros, I have two Compute Sticks, I funded the Onion Omega 2 on Kickstarter, and I bought my son (cough, cough, me, cough) an Arduino.

I had to promise myself that I'd finish up some projects before buying anything new, otherwise I was just planning something out, buying all the parts, throwing them in bin and moving on to the next idea! :confused:

Sorry Guys but you speak to technic for me!!!
For beginners: is this Pixhawk2 the one installed in our Solos?
If yes can I replace it to fix the IMU problem I have on my drone?
Thanks

No not the same.
Not sure if you could put it in a solo, my guess is not without some modification to the code.
Remember solos firmware was down graded because they could not get EKF2 fixed

Now
If and when they remaster solo to ardupilot then yes I would think it would work.
The new pixhawk 2.1 is an upgrade. somoene mentioned the chages above, and it also has heated sensors which are adjustable so you can fly in more temprature challenged areas

Reactions: Nick F
Thanks for the reply, so is there the right Solo's pixhawk 2 to buy somewhere as spare part?
Would I fix the Imu problem I have in my drone if I changed the pixhawk module?

Thanks for the reply, so is there the right Solo's pixhawk 2 to buy somewhere as spare part?
Would I fix the Imu problem I have in my drone if I changed the pixhawk module?

Quick backstory: 3DR never released the Pixhawk 2 that was in the Solo. This isn't an official Solo Pixhawk 2, so it's anyone's guess whether it'd be a plug-in replacement.

But... the original PH2 is now available, at least in limited quantities, here: 3DR Pixhawk 2.0 Cube (SOLO Replacement) This IS a direct, plugin replacement.

Reactions: Nick F
Quick backstory: 3DR never released the Pixhawk 2 that was in the Solo. This isn't an official Solo Pixhawk 2, so it's anyone's guess whether it'd be a plug-in replacement.

But... the original PH2 is now available, at least in limited quantities, here: 3DR Pixhawk 2.0 Cube (SOLO Replacement) This IS a direct, plugin replacement.

Many Many thanks for the answer!
So if I change the Cube with the one you mentioned, will I fix my IMU drifting issue?
Does the Cube Need to be programmed somehow before installing it on my SOlo?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela