Phantom 4

for people look at wearables...look up vufine...I ordered one few months ago.

looks like that sense and avoid for arducopter is being built to avoid other aircrafts...not trees/telephone poles etc

actually im tweeting 3d robotics what are they next move because the p4 officially release and maybe collin and anderson are challenging the dji innovation

No one can deny the Solo is a sexy machine. But when you post your footage, does anyone really care what the bird looks like? I would absolutely love to see sensors on my Solo. And the reason I don't use follow me now is because what I want to follow are athletes and do you think they can carry the controller with them? Even just the phone isn't usually a reasonable request. But the idea of buying a whole new bird every time I want a new feature isn't realistic.

Solo made a ton of promises that they didn't follow through with or were extremely delayed in those promises. We bought into this idea of an accessory bay but it isn't being utilized. Could this happen so we have sensors? As with the other features new to P4, Solo I would think could easily match that with a firmware update.

This is kind of like who is a Republican and who is a Democrat. Take away the name, what features do you want? I love my Solo but the P4 may have just took over in the "smart drone" world. For now. This could be a great thing to see what Solo will do next. And with my current bird, not a Solo 2!

Reactions: erikgraham
hello guys

sir anderson ceo of 3dr reply my twitter this is a big news for solo users he says:

Chris Anderson ‏@chr1sa 1h1 hour ago
@myronray visual tracking coming in Solo app soon. That's the power of the platform: lots of SW expansion potential. No need for new HW

in my opinion tracking system via software and the visual positioning maybe attach to the openbay but how about the obstacle?. see the 3dr built to evolve.

Last edited:
No one can deny the Solo is a sexy machine. But when you post your footage, does anyone really care what the bird looks like? I would absolutely love to see sensors on my Solo. And the reason I don't use follow me now is because what I want to follow are athletes and do you think they can carry the controller with them? Even just the phone isn't usually a reasonable request. But the idea of buying a whole new bird every time I want a new feature isn't realistic.

Solo made a ton of promises that they didn't follow through with or were extremely delayed in those promises. We bought into this idea of an accessory bay but it isn't being utilized. Could this happen so we have sensors? As with the other features new to P4, Solo I would think could easily match that with a firmware update.

This is kind of like who is a Republican and who is a Democrat. Take away the name, what features do you want? I love my Solo but the P4 may have just took over in the "smart drone" world. For now. This could be a great thing to see what Solo will do next. And with my current bird, not a Solo 2!

What promise has 3DR not followed through on?

well that is huge, I am sending mine back

Yeah they were hit and miss on that, but is that really a big issue?.
I am going to jump out of this thread, its no secret I am very pro 3DR
I will leave with this though
Compare the phantom thread on a Solo site to the solo threads on pro DJI sites
tell me how you feel LOL

yeah I got it, that lanyard does stink
I have Ians lanyard / balance clip coming and then going to head out to Sports Academy and get a real one

I don't believe a dji flew away, they are the industry leader and can do absolutely no wrong. Lmfao and I'm seeing these guys praying for dji customer service fixes or new birds in a week. Ha good luck guys

Solo has delivered on every single promise and then some, only thing that was originally stated and isn't true is battery life. That's it and that's not even close to a deal breaker for me I love my solo.

I'm not getting back into this war though, I actually hope the p4 does well for folks who like their shiny lil white copies.

oh 3DR blew their roll out no doubt
but they came through in the end, and the future still looks good.
Its a choice, and honestly people who like the P4 I wish them well.
I just have not read anything yet that makes me regret toughing out the first year with solo

funny review hahaha
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

funny review hahaha

These are the new smartphone drop tests - intentionally destroying a product for... ummm... no real purpose whatsoever. Flying into the tripod could be minimally justified in seeing how small an object the avoidance system could detect, but throwing a box at the thing when it's flying is just stupid.

Engadget or Gizmodo did a review on the P4, and the idiot wanted to see if the avoidance system would work in sport mode, which he acknowledged the manual specifically states that it doesn't. Nonetheless, he decided to check anyway by flying it into a tree or something, then described the crash as an accident. Stupid is as stupid does I suppose.

Reactions: Tamj

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoxxx1986