Phantom 3 vs. Solo

am thinking about changing my Hero 3+ Black to the 5.4 lens. It's finding the right one or the right company to help. I'm tempted by the 4 but think that there's going to be something different with the 5. That'll no doubt be here in Oct/Nov
I've heard other people with that strategy. Especially since DJI and GoPro aren't speaking right now, there is a very good chance GoPro will come out with a Drone-friendly camera if not a drone of their own.

Personally, I just don't want to wait. I'll be in Iceland, Australia, and Europe before the fall, and I don't want to miss any opportunities.

Didn't I see on one of your posts somewhere that you fly really far (like over 5ks)?
I assume you have good a good tracker?
I just ordered an antenna kit for my Taranis from FPVLR, that will boost my range by a lot. I already have their kit for my FPV, and it is fantastic.

Most my flights are 7,000 to 10,000 feet. I am 2 feet short of busting 10,000 foot mark !

And yes, I have a Marco Polo tracker that works very well. Had to use it on the Vision plus last week when it auto-landed 1.2 miles from home.

am thinking about changing my Hero 3+ Black to the 5.4 lens. It's finding the right one or the right company to help. I'm tempted by the 4 but think that there's going to be something different with the 5. That'll no doubt be here in Oct/Nov
I loved my Hero 3+. The black is better in a few ways (like what it will do with 4K). It's supposed to be better in low light, but I haven't done a comparison with that myself. By the time I got my Hero 4, my 3+ had already eloped with my Phantom 2. I DO like the way the Hero 4 menu options are laid out, especially with a dedicated menu button.

Oh Sorry. FPVLR Stage 2 kit.

If ITELITE comes out with a panel for the Solo I will probably go that route as its just a cleaner setup.

Oh Sorry. FPVLR Stage 2 kit.

If ITELITE comes out with a panel for the Solo I will probably go that route as its just a cleaner setup.
Thanks. That's a lot farther than their (FPVLR) claimed distance, I think. And that covers both FPV and control, correct? I got their diversity FPV set for my Black Pearl diversity receiver, and I'm happy with that. I plan to order a half-helix from them to go on my Taranis for better control distance.

What controller(s) do you use?

The FLVLR stage 2 kit comes with three antennas. All for the controller. A cloverleaf and half dome for the WIFI/Phantom signal and a helix for the control.

I am running stock controller and have no bird-side mods. 7,000 is more typical distance on a daily basis but I know for a fact its capable of 10,000 and probably 2 miles in perfect conditions.

I think the antenna's Tony provides are about the best for BRUTE distance and range although the complete kit and full execution is lacking. It is improving as time goes by but not up to the ITELITE standards yet.

The FLVLR stage 2 kit comes with three antennas. All for the controller. A cloverleaf and half dome for the WIFI/Phantom signal and a helix for the control.

I am running stock controller and have no bird-side mods. 7,000 is more typical distance on a daily basis but I know for a fact its capable of 10,000 and probably 2 miles in perfect conditions.

I think the antenna's Tony provides are about the best for BRUTE distance and range although the complete kit and full execution is lacking. It is improving as time goes by but not up to the ITELITE standards yet.
Got it, thanks. I will mention too, that Tony has been very responsive with any questions I've had.

Yea he is really good about responding. Probably one of the best actually. If he ever cleans up the product with a really nice mount system, decent website, instructions, etc he will really kick some a$$.

I would say with DJI he is already the dominant force. They question is will he be able to keep it when there are companies like ITELITE that sell a nicer install package that will go about 90% of the range.

I have heard from an undisclosed source that ITELITE is coming out with a system for the SOLO with Ferrari styling and quality. If so I will be on something like that as I really don't want the FPVLR mess attached to my gorgeous 3DR controller. If I can go 90% of the distance with ITELITE compared to the FPVLR which is compact and travels well I would rather have that.

I would say with DJI he is already the dominant force. They question is will he be able to keep it when there are companies like ITELITE that sell a nicer install package that will go about 90% of the range.

I have heard from an undisclosed source that ITELITE is coming out with a system for the SOLO with Ferrari styling and quality. If so I will be on something like that as I really don't want the FPVLR mess attached to my gorgeous 3DR controller. If I can go 90% of the distance with ITELITE compared to the FPVLR which is compact and travels well I would rather have that.
Looking at the ITELITE website, how do you even know which antennae are applicable?

They only have one antenna currently for the Phantom www.dbsmods.com

I think its about a 8000' setup.

You will want to stick with FLVLR if you need something else. Either way you cant go wrong.

We should start another thread. We are kinda whoring this one up !!

;)

I own a P2 with Zenmus H3-3D gimbal for a GoPro Hero Black 3+. No FPV. Both the P3 and the Solo have caught my attention. The P3 is the devil I know and the 3D Solo looks fantastic...on paper. For the time being, I am looking for user experiences of both craft to help guide my purchase decision.

nobody owns a solo at this time as it hasn't been released to the public yet. You'll have to wait a couple of weeks before you can get a real world objective view. FPV will make all the difference. You'll wonder why you didn't get it for your P2 setup. What is it in particular that's making you look at another aircraft?

I own a P2 with Zenmus H3-3D gimbal for a GoPro Hero Black 3+. No FPV. Both the P3 and the Solo have caught my attention. The P3 is the devil I know and the 3D Solo looks fantastic...on paper. For the time being, I am looking for user experiences of both craft to help guide my purchase decision.

You'll get a ton of reviews in about a month. The great thing is you already have a bird so you are not in a rush. If the Solo can do everything they claim it's going to be a great purchase. Wish us all luck!

You might want to read thru the Phantom 3 Forums. Looks like most of the reviews are fairly positive. I owned (2) Phantom 2 with the H3-3D gimbal and overall enjoyed it, not their customer service. I also owned an Inspire and had some major issues with it. Really looking forward to seeing what the Solo has to offer

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigmiiike0421