Phantom 3 advanced

Reaction score
Brand new out of the box phantom 3 advanced started to update, then stopped. "come to home" is lost, GPS lost, it will not start, the camera will take pics but won't go up and down with the gimbel, shows videos but that is all. Help, what can I do to get it working again? I feel like I am out a lot of money. My first one flew just fine, I know how they fly and this new one has never left the ground. For the price you would think that I could get it fixed for free but DJI won't take it back. I am a little upset that I can't fly with the rest of my friends. Is this a "too bad" story?

Last edited:
I assume trying the update again also fails? It sounds like the software update failed and left you "half-in/half-out".
I know this is a 3DR forum but the advice I have applies across the board : take DJI to small claims court. Seriously. Expend a little effort, file a claim and watch how fast they settle. Here's some good information about it:
Suing Big Companies In Small Claims Court Is Fun And Easy

Brand new out of the box phantom 3 advanced started to update, then stopped. "come to home" is lost, GPS lost, it will not start, the camera will take pics but won't go up and down with the gimbel, shows videos but that is all. Help, what can I do to get it working again? I feel like I am out a lot of money. My first one flew just fine, I know how they fly and this new one has never left the ground. For the price you would think that I could get it fixed for free but DJI won't take it back. I am a little upset that I can't fly with the rest of my friends. Is this a "too bad" story?

I'm gonna save you some searching and tell you what to do:
1) Download the latest firmware from DJI
2) Unzip it and load the .bin file on a clean micro SD card
3) Insert the card in the Phantom's card slot, turn on.
4) Let it beep and moan and do its thing, wait until the lights go out. This will upgrade the P3's firmware so it can talk properly to the remote again. It takes about 20-25 minutes. Reboot and you should be good to go.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela