Peau - Reducing Gimbal Vibration

just tried it on mine, with the large weight screwed in the back (it actually threads) and one on the end opposite the camera (used 3m dual side auto tape) my gimbal is perfectly balanced with gp4 black 4.4mm lens and polar pro nd filter

I also had not seen to spread the data cable wires. I have a ribbon cable

I wasn't endorsing what they presented, just found it interesting to have a vendor suggest up mods to help their sales. I mean they sell GP lens, they are motivated by Solo sales....

I want to know if they truly have that 3.97 lens locked up
they say its exclusive but I don't know how that could be, If someone from china is making it, and it becomes a hit then someone will make a knock off

I have the hdmi ribbon cable, so I'm ok there. I thought the gimbal data cable was very stiff. I might consider this modification. I'm not 100% if I'd want to add the weight on the gimbal. I do use polor pro filters, but not all the time. I know I'm my discovery pro, the added weight and it being off balance was never an issue, as far as the gimbal motors go. The owner, Trappy, even verified it wasn't and issue. I'm not overly concerned with that part, unless is see I'm getting huge gimbal issues.

well don't put that big weight on the end
made my gimbal go wonky when ever I pointed it down

well don't put that big weight on the end
made my gimbal go wonky when ever I pointed it down
I haven't put my polor pro on my solo yet. Been overcast here. I'll have to do some bench testing and see how it reacts. I might have to consider the weights.

Editi. Misread your post. Thought you were saying not putting the weight on the end made your gimbal go wonky with the lens filter on. I see now you are saying putting the weight on made it go wonky.

Last edited:
no I had been running the 4.4 and polar pro with no balancing
I did the Peu method and it broke my gimbal until I took the big weight off the end
the one on the back was fine

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks