Peau Productions new remote gopro stock profile remover now out

my prediction is you will have no better luck with your more expensive rig and camera.
Gopro is a capable camera in the right hands.
but it is not point and shoot, it takes a lot of understanding and post work

I already have have "much better luck" with the A6300 is absolutely no compare between the two. What are you talking about is a 300 usd difference between the two. GoPro is a really crap camera, I have 3 of them. First you can not adjust the shutter and you need an ND, the curved horizon is a killer for aerial videos and needs lens replacement, you run into pink corners, is a 2/3 small sensor what is practically dead in low light and whatever you shoot just after sunset looks like crap the noise is unbearable for pro applications. Shall I go on? What exactly do you like on gopro except the small form factor? Why a shoot I should do a lot a post work when with 300usd more I can achieve better results...is about productivity and working smart not who is working a lot to achieve same results or lower.

a6300 with lens costs only 300 more than hero4 black?

I feel like they've released it for our convenience which will likely see an uptick on revenue. i dont think they've released it because of pending hero5 cameras...I doubt GoPro will use a flat lens or allow interchangable system.

link to the 3.9mm from aliexpress?

Not so sure what is your point, I still paid for other gopro lens, I tried several, money gone in the wind.Yep I decided to get the A6300 with proper lens instead of wasting money to countless companies what they just promise regardless if from, China, Korea, Poland, US etc. DJI have flat lens so what is the problem?They correct their mistake with Vision 2 etc. when they figure out that actually people need flat lens.I wont be so sure; DJI corrected the problem, the new Xiaomi 4K have already build in software correction, will be pretty stupid GoPro to keep the same lens on Karma.I still maintain my opinion that actually the market with send the camera back to us was very narrow, and now they try to catch on the last 100 meters. Look they got me :) I will try it tomorrow maybe and see if it works.

Ok waited a bit for somebody to actually send me a link.Get a dropbox with Hero4App.exe. Obviously the bloody thing doesn't work whatever I do.Keeps opening IE and tells me to download Java, despite the fact that I have latest releases of Java for both 32 and 64bit.Just to make sure uninstall and install again fresh, restart and checked with few of those"verify Java" all reporting working.Gopro...exe file still not working, firewall, antivirus disabled, still no luck. I can never get something working properly from this guys at Peau, money for the lens thrown in the wind, now this......so frustrating.Looks like I never learn to not give them money anymore.No instructions whatsoever with this download, just a message that if I brick the camera is my fault....very encouraging.

Probably you are in US so easy peasy, not so cheap and comfortable from Botswana.Really doesn't make sense to spend another 200USD, or more, on transport wait few weeks, go trough all the bureaucratic pains with customs etc.

Ok waited a bit for somebody to actually send me a link.Get a dropbox with Hero4App.exe. Obviously the bloody thing doesn't work whatever I do.Keeps opening IE and tells me to download Java, despite the fact that I have latest releases of Java for both 32 and 64bit...
Try Chrome for your browser. IE is hateful at times!

Tried all of them no luck, I just got an email from Peau telling me that wont work, and I must download from Oracle some Development Kit. No idea why they do not say this before you purchase the product so people have a choice, or at least some instructions with the download.....ufff...........will try and see if it works.

Any luck ? I am experiencing the Java thing also ,have tried both ie11 and Firefox

Yep is working, however after successful removal I didn't test the camera to see if indeed removed. If you are in 64 bit, you must download the 32 bit version, have both in your system, and redirect the 64bit to read the 32 bit from the java pannel. I know doesn't make sense but it works.You must also downgrade your Java 2 versions behind, do the lens trick, and after you can reinstall as normal, Java.

Reactions: Stretch_123
Yeah I got it working , but it turns off and on and does its thing with the update then it just stops and stays sub connected , I left it alone due to fear of bricking the GoPro then it eventually goes back to step 2 , not sure how to proceed lol

Is a bug in the software, after is doing that lines with dots just unplug, and delete the remaining garbage from the card. I know kind of crappy . Did to me the same thing. What do you mean goes back to step 2? Mine did dots for 1 hour. The Peau guys said is ok I can unplug after the dots.

It said timed out and reverts to step 2 from the infinite dots where it says plug the card in and it writes the update to the card via the card reader . I ended up unplugging and formatting the card then started over , it went through the whole thing again then finally completed , however it appears by taking a reference shot on a white background I still have pink eye ! Lol thanks for your input mate

Being in Australia the time difference it takes a day for each support email from peau

Are you serious now, I didn't have time to test mine, I did it late in the night, and after that traveled for a shoot. Uff...I better test mine also to see if this one is the case.

I bought the "Download: Remove GoPro Lens Profile" as well. This is what I did and where I got stuck:
- downloaded the removal .zip
- tried on my netbook with Windows XP
- a command prompt window came up and disappeared, then I got a webpage telling me to update Java.
- updated to latest version of Java (8.102)
- same problem - now I took a picture of the very fast prompt window: needed version 8.77
- searched for the older version (google told me to go to the archives in Oracle) - got it - installed it.
- now I get this message:
There are no Wi-Fi interfaces set up. Wi-Fi is required. Please use a WiFi-enabled computer
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException at com.productions.peau.hero4app.VigApp.main<VigApp.java:131>
(to see the message I first opened the CMD application (from the utilities) and drag/dropped the Hero4App.exe on that window, so it didn't close immediately...

So, I have Wi-Fi for sure - since I downloaded Java through Wi-Fi on my netbook. Guess I'm stuck for the moment...
Any ideas?

I bought the "Download: Remove GoPro Lens Profile" as well. This is what I did and where I got stuck:
- downloaded the removal .zip
- tried on my netbook with Windows XP...
Any ideas?
When I saw 'Windows XP' it gave me an immediate idea - upgrade your OS. Microsoft no longer supports XP and there are no guarantees for software compatibility at all, not to mention the security risks involved. You're hitting your head against the wall - and it may explain all those other downloads and setups necessary as XP tries to work-around new software.

- from MS site -
What happens if I continue to use Windows XP?

If you continue to use Windows XP now that support has ended, your computer will still work but it might become more vulnerable to security risks and viruses. Internet Explorer 8 is also no longer supported, so if your Windows XP PC is connected to the Internet and you use Internet Explorer 8 to surf the web, you might be exposing your PC to additional threats. Also, as more software and hardware manufacturers continue to optimize for more recent versions of Windows, you can expect to encounter more apps and devices that do not work with Windows XP.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14223/windows-xp-end-of-support

Of course, it may not fix your problem as I see that several people have had difficulty with the Peau software - but at least you will be about $100US poorer.

When I saw 'Windows XP' it gave me an immediate idea - upgrade your OS.
Of course, it may not fix your problem as I see that several people have had difficulty with the Peau software - but at least you will be about $100US poorer.

Since Peau mentions 'windows' and not a version 7, 8 or 10, I thought XP might do. Since I have 3 up to date computers (all Mac's) and only one windows machine for obscure stuff that specifically needs windows (rarely use it - just opened the netbook today since 2 years), I would rather not invest in that machine unless I need to. And here is the thing... it the problem the OS or is it something else? If I's sure it's the OS, I would consider the upgrade (another $100...). Since there are more people having problems, it might be something else and there are many more interesting ways to get $100 poorer :).

Reactions: SARDG

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela