Peau camera/lenses on sale ever? -- got a knock off, testing it out

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm looking for a Go Pro Hero 4 black with a custom lens from Peau. I've been checking their site periodically but haven't seen any on sale for the last while.

The Canadian dollar is so weak against the USD, that I'm really trying to drop the price with a sale. It's nasty with the exchange rate right now.

Just wondering how often you've seen the full camera and lens package on sale. I think that's be better route versus buying a camera and shipping it to them to install??

Thanks

Just buy a camera and then get a lens from China and fit it yourself, it's really easy.

Reactions: Barramundi
Thank you. I was concerned that fitting the lens would be frustrating.

I'll check that site out. I had my eye on the PeauPro82 NDVI 3.97mm (22mm) f/2.8. I'll try and find similar.

Thanks. I went with this. So you say it's an easy change, hope you're right.

All I believe that I need is the Peau profile for $50, and I need to track down a good set of filters since I see the Peau filter pack for Go Pro 4 is no longer listed.

Really simple
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Filters Amazon.com : Neewer® 6 Pieces Professional Drone Filter Set with Protective Carrying Pouch for GoPro Hero 3+ / 4, includes: PL + ND8 + ND16 + ND32 + ND8/PL + ND16/PL : Camera & Photo

Reactions: Ricard
Thanks again.

The Neewer filters won't ship to Canada. o_O

Just got them. With a little tape, they fit tight to the GP 3 black. I see there isn't an ND4. I used the ND8 and it was a little dark, but I'm guessing I'll have to play around with the ISO and EV settings on the go pro.

Thanks for the link. They're nicely packaged and look to be of good quality.

Reactions: jetsetwilly
Really simple
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I'm slow moving on this but I finally got some time to install the new lens on the GP4. When I screw it in, I have to back out out quite a few turns in order to perfectly focus it on the TV.

It doesn't seem like my exterior lens cap will fit on tight now. Am I missing something simple here?

I'm slow moving on this but I finally got some time to install the new lens on the GP4. When I screw it in, I have to back out out quite a few turns in order to perfectly focus it on the TV.

It doesn't seem like my exterior lens cap will fit on tight now. Am I missing something simple here?
You broke it using the shortcut method in the video. You will have to glue it back.

You broke it using the shortcut method in the video. You will have to glue it back.

I should have explained better. When I screw the lens on tight it's out of focus, obviously. By the time I unscrew it to where it's a clear picture, the distance from outside of lens to the camera face is greater than the size of the lens cap.

On mine, the lens fits
I should have explained better. When I screw the lens on tight it's out of focus, obviously. By the time I unscrew it to where it's a clear picture, the distance from outside of lens to the camera face is greater than the size of the lens cap.
Which lens are you using?

Buy direct from 4k lens as they send via DHL so you will receive a lot quicker Products

I was going to buy from 4KLens until I saw the DHL shipping fees. They are astronomical. Kind of negates the savings. The free shipping says it will take 20 to 60 days. Ordering from AliExpress would be both cheaper and faster. Unfortunately, VISA refuses to make payments to AliExpress claiming excessive fraud. My credit union used to be able to override the VISA blocking of AliExpress for one day, but the last time I tried, they weren't able to.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frank2000