Parameter Listing

Reaction score
I want review the full parameter listing within my Drone......what folder/subfolder file do I need to download in order to review it.....

Do I have to use Mission Planner to Tower to d/l it.....or can I use WinSCP ???

and how do I convert it to a txt file in order to read it ???

As a newbie, I have no intention of changing any of the values....but I just want to gain a better understanding of all stock parameters within Solo.....

Thank you,

Bilge

Last edited:
Typically you can extract the parameters from a BIN file, however you're better off using MP and connecting that way (because getting them from an existing log file is a pain), and then saving the parameter file. It's pretty much in plain text once you do that.

I find it very easy to download a file by using WinSCP with a wireless connection.....but correct me if I am wrong here.......with Mission Planner - dont I have to use a cable & connect my PC to Solo's Pixhawk to extract a file.....??? sure seems like Mission Planner with a cable is the tough way to go....

Not sure how to grab files files with Mission Planner - can it be done wirelessly or one must use a cable to connect the PC & Solo Pixhawk ???

I just don't get it yet ....

I have Mission Planner loaded on my desktop PC......and I have the Tower App loaded on my Android cellphone ( Samsung S5 )....

Not sure what method to use or what file to grab & convert to text ???

Sorry guys, just trying to gain a better understanding of the code within Solo......

I have gone to the Arducopter complete parameter listing for a brief explanation of them........but I just want to dump the info out of Solo & look at it....

Please help with some guidance.......

Thank you

I find it very easy to download a file by using WinSCP with a wireless connection.....but correct me if I am wrong here.......with Mission Planner - dont I have to use a cable & connect my PC to Solo's Pixhawk to extract a file.....??? sure seems like Mission Planner with a cable is the tough way to go....

Not sure how to grab files files with Mission Planner - can it be done wirelessly or one must use a cable to connect the PC & Solo Pixhawk ???

I just don't get it yet ....

I have Mission Planner loaded on my desktop PC......and I have the Tower App loaded on my Android cellphone ( Samsung S5 )....

Not sure what method to use or what file to grab & convert to text ???

Sorry guys, just trying to gain a better understanding of the code within Solo......

I have gone to the Arducopter complete parameter listing for a brief explanation of them........but I just want to dump the info out of Solo & look at it....

Please help with some guidance.......

Thank you

No cable required. You connect to it the same exact way you connect with WinSCP. When you open up MP, tell it to use the UDP connection type and it will ask for a port after that. Choose the default (which is 14550) and it should connect in short order.

And it's actually easier to grab the log files with WinSCP...downloading the dataflash logs over UDP is time consuming.

So, what file contains the parameters listing.......

is the .bin file or the tlog files ???

And Thank you

The bin file but as I've said you'd be better off using MP to get the parameters, as getting the parameters from the BIN file can be an arduous task at best.;

Also, there is a way to extract the parms from the tlog file but you still have to use MP and it doesn't seem to extract Solo params without throwing an error.

it just keeps saying Connecting UDP & Connecting Mavlink........an endless loop.......I am not getting anywhere with Mission Planner....is port 14550 the standard port to use ???

it just keeps saying Connecting UDP & Connecting Mavlink........an endless loop.......I am not getting anywhere with Mission Planner....is port 14550 the standard port to use ???
Have you connected to the solo wifi? That has to be done first.

Yes, that is correct.....my desktop PC with Mission Planner is connected to the Solo drone at 10.1.1.10....

& then I open Mission planner click UDP.....port 14550....a box opens indicating "Connecting UDP" & then I get "Connecting Mavlink"...but the 2 dialog boxes keep spinning in a endless loop.....

Yes, that is correct.....my desktop PC with Mission Planner is connected to the Solo drone at 10.1.1.10....

& then I open Mission planner click UDP.....port 14550....a box opens indicating "Connecting UDP" & then I get "Connecting Mavlink"...but they keep spinning in a endless loop.....

Interesting. That works for me every time. What OS are you running?

If you haven't you might try closing MP and then running it as Administrator. Not sure that will make any difference but Windows can be picky sometimes.

NO, I am the one that should be Sorry.........last post for this thread.......

Admins, you can delete it if it is warranted....

It was a bit ago I did this with my Win10 laptop but you have to create a rule to open 14550. The user Carpy clued me on this one. I'm pretty sure this will work, if it doesn't he will chime in tomorrow and straighten me out!

Open firewall ports in Windows 10
You can manually permit a program to access the internet by opening a firewall port. You will need to know what port it uses and the protocol to make this work.

1. Navigate to Control Panel, System and Security and Windows Firewall.
2. Select Advanced settings and highlight Inbound Rules in the left pane.
3. Right click Inbound Rules and select New Rule.
4. Add the port you need to open and click Next.
5. Add the protocol (TCP or UDP) and the port number into the next window and click Next.
6. Select Allow the connection in the next window and hit Next.
7. Select the network type as you see fit and click Next.
8. Name the rule something meaningful and click Finish.

Yup, you need to open port 14550 in Windows Firewall. On one of my laptops I had to do that, and on the other it just worked.
Once you are connected in MP, you can view the parameters directly, or save them to a file. I'm not sure if the saved file is in plain text or not.
Don't worry about accidentally changing any parameters. You have to 'write' any changes to the Solo for them to take effect.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela