Pano mode question

Reaction score
can someone confirm that pano mode works and works well. Do you need to take photos or film and do you stitch it in a program like photoshop

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

It probably works like (Dronepan), for android.

Reactions: Gazzainnorway
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

It probably works like (Dronepan), for android.
I had time for a quick test. It takes 11 pics for the "sphere" pano. How to stitch them, I haven't gotten that far yet

Does it work in the 3dr app too pretty good thanks for the help

it works very well. photo has linear and spherical modes. video is linear. and they all have options to adjust the pano. for example if you have a 5.4mm lens you can adjust the fov in degrees to get a better overlap for the 5.4mm lens.

you have to stich with software. autopano giga and ptgui are the best ones. photoshop can perform basic stitching and something like microsoft ice or hugin is free.

I tried the new pano mode this afternoon. It went through the the process of capturing all of the shots. I did 2 of the hemisphere mode shots with 11 shots each and one that was just the "normal" pano (I'm drawing a blank on the name of that option but not the video pan one) that consisted of 8 or 9 shots. But when I got back home and checked my GoPro card, the images weren't actually there. The only JPGs that were there were some other shots that I took during my flight manually. When I playback the video that automatically saved to my camera roll during my flight, I can see when it was snapping the images because the Solo pans around then the screen goes black as it snaps the picture and then pans to the next position. Am I missing something/doing something wrong? Has anyone else experienced this?

Thank you franknitty69

To Change the FOV works ok with zylindrical pano but not with spherical pano. Spherical pano shows the 3dot icon only grey. I can't open a menue.

kindly regards

Anyone know how to stitch the images in Photoshop sadly I am a filmmaker and use AE and pp but new to photoshop at moment

Can it do multiple rows-- or just one sweep?
For my purposes simply taking images across one row wouldn't accomplish much more than I could do manually myself.

it works very well. photo has linear and spherical modes. video is linear. and they all have options to adjust the pano. for example if you have a 5.4mm lens you can adjust the fov in degrees to get a better overlap for the 5.4mm lens.

you have to stich with software. autopano giga and ptgui are the best ones. photoshop can perform basic stitching and something like microsoft ice or hugin is free.

I tried the new pano mode this afternoon. It went through the the process of capturing all of the shots. I did 2 of the hemisphere mode shots with 11 shots each and one that was just the "normal" pano (I'm drawing a blank on the name of that option but not the video pan one) that consisted of 8 or 9 shots. But when I got back home and checked my GoPro card, the images weren't actually there. The only JPGs that were there were some other shots that I took during my flight manually. When I playback the video that automatically saved to my camera roll during my flight, I can see when it was snapping the images because the Solo pans around then the screen goes black as it snaps the picture and then pans to the next position. Am I missing something/doing something wrong? Has anyone else experienced this?

As I reported yesterday, you have to be in Photograph mode when you do a Pano. If you're in Video mode recording video, Pano won't save the images that it's trying to take. Fixing this bug should be trivial for 3DR, since all they have to do is have Pano turn on Photo mode automatically. As it is now, Pano turns on Photo mode when it EXITS the shot, which makes no sense.

Can it do multiple rows-- or just one sweep?
For my purposes simply taking images across one row wouldn't accomplish much more than I could do manually myself.

linear will take one row of photos. spherical will take 2 rows + nadir (straight down).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigmiiike0421