P3P with extra battery and DJI backpack

The main reason is the ability to change the configuration, when the winter hits I can remove the gimbal and install the fixed mount gopro mount or even eventually install a FLIR camera.

Good reasons. I'd love to have a P3P just for its stability and photography features. Maybe when they get cheaper I'll buy a used one. Good luck!

Why would you want to remove the gimbal in winter? Does the weather hurt it?

so I and land in the snow, I'm planning on using a modified waterproof housing in the winter so I can still fly.

Ok cool.. we don't get much snow here :-( I am originally from Michigan and moved to NC in 07

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

won't the solo camera and gimble get into the snow when it lands in the snow too?

I'm going to remove the gimbal and just use a modified waterproof housing on the fixed mount.

I've landed my Iris+ with DYS gimbal in the the snow more times than I care to remember. If it's cold enough (so the snow isn't wet) then it's no problem. Just blow off the snow. On some of the more dramatic landings I shut things down, bring it inside and set it down over a warm air vent for the night.

Snow landings have one benefit - they are pretty soft and forgiving on the quad. Also it's kind of cool when you snow shoe over and find the quad buried to its props. When you pull it out it leaves behind a nice little snow angel/butterfly.

Reactions: Retired2Fly

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela