Orbit mode = No maps

Reaction score
Has anybody figured out how to do Orbit flights with out having to use maps ???

Thanks in advance.

I can see a way to do it,but the question is why? I personally prefer using Tower for orbit. Do you have it?

I have never flown anything before and no I don't have tower. At this point in the learning cure I don't even know what tower is.

Has anybody figured out how to do Orbit flights with out having to use maps ???

Thanks in advance.

When you click into orbit, it asks you to press A to lock in the center point. By default I believe this is about 60 feet directly in front of the Solo. So if you got the Solo lined up before you initiate the Orbit mode, I don't see why you couldn't ignore the map and just press A.
When the map comes up, just click the picture in picture video feed to dismiss the map. Then press the A button to confirm the orbit point.
If your Orbit is off by a little, then exit the shot, shift your Solo around to adjust for how far it was off, and then restart Orbit mode. It might take a few tries, but eventually you can probably get the orbit target point lined up.

If your issue is just that your tablet doesn't have cellular data - so you can't pull up maps, then there is a trick you can do to get perfect Orbits.
1. Fly your Solo directly above the thing you want to orbit.
2. Click the Orbit smart shot.
3. Drag the "map" (which is blank) around until your Solo icon is directly over the orbit center dot.
4. Hit A to lock in the center point.

Now, you can pull back on the right stick to back your Solo away from the center point, thus increasing the radius of your orbit circle (from basically 0 to whatever feels good). You may also need to adjust the gimbal tilt.

P.S. Tower is an app (Android only), that does most of what the Solo App does, plus a whole lot more. It is for advanced users who want to program in missions with way points, or do farm surveys, or structure scans. It's awesome, but stick to the Solo App until you feel like you've got it mastered.

Last edited:
Reactions: rhpdaddy
When you click into orbit, it asks you to press A to lock in the center point. By default I believe this is about 60 feet directly in front of the Solo. So if you got the Solo lined up before you initiate the Orbit mode, I don't see why you couldn't ignore the map and just press A.
When the map comes up, just click the picture in picture video feed to dismiss the map. Then press the A button to confirm the orbit point.
If your Orbit is off by a little, then exit the shot, shift your Solo around to adjust for how far it was off, and then restart Orbit mode. It might take a few tries, but eventually you can probably get the orbit target point lined up.

If your issue is just that your tablet doesn't have cellular data - so you can't pull up maps, then there is a trick you can do to get perfect Orbits.
1. Fly your Solo directly above the thing you want to orbit.
2. Click the Orbit smart shot.
3. Drag the "map" (which is blank) around until your Solo is directly over the orbit center dot.
4. Hit A to lock in the center point.

Now, you can pull back on the right stick to back your Solo away from the center point, thus increasing the radius of your orbit circle (from basically 0 to whatever feels good). You may also need to adjust the gimbal tilt.

P.S. Tower is an app (Android only), that does most of what the Solo App does, plus a whole lot more. It is for advanced users who want to program in missions with way points, or do farm surveys, or structure scans. It's awesome, but stick to the Solo App until you feel like you've got it mastered.

I would like way points and elevation changes to be programmed with added pans and tilts - but only for android at the moment - would love an iOS version

Thanks to everyone for their help. I am starting to get the idea. When I get one I like I will post it. Thanks again.

Reactions: erikgraham
Thanks to everyone for their help. I am starting to get the idea. When I get one I like I will post it. Thanks again.
You really might consider Tower. With it you can do nearly perfect orbits, very reliably...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: jeeboont

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks