Open-source, ardupilot & Solo

Reaction score
What make are Solo different & better then the "Latest & Greatest" drones offerings today P4, Karma etc... is that 3Dr Solo is Almost all Open Source!

This is why we are able to have all new Add On's from independent vendors from around the world!

Be it software Solex by Kelly Schrock, or the countless hardware vendors As in Antennas, Wifi cards, add on bus illuminators Etc, Etc The list goes on, on ......
Can DJI offer this? could GoPro Karma offer this? No to both, unless you want to get sued or lose your warranty

Here is a link to some answers about:
Open-source, ardupilot & Solo:
Craig Elder talks the future of ArduPilot outside of Dronecode

Actually, it was both the fact that it's powered by an accessible full blown on board Linux computer AND 3DR's fantastic *warranty policy* where they're very generous with replacements and own up to any problems.

As much as I love the new drones on the market, none of them seem to offer both. Autel is the closest but I have yet to hear a warranty experience with them.

Reactions: SteveReno
Actually, it was both the fact that it's powered by an accessible full blown on board Linux computer AND 3DR's fantastic *warranty policy* where they're very generous with replacements and own up to any problems.

As much as I love the new drones on the market, none of them seem to offer both. Autel is the closest but I have yet to hear a warranty experience with them.
Agreed 100%

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea