Only MALES can fly sUAVs??

Reaction score
:) Kidding of course, but although one can't be sure just from the "handles" of participants here, it does seem like most all of the discussions are male dominated. Is that true in the sUAV world at large as well do you suppose?

I think it's true of the engineering world at large, which would include the sUAV world.

...most all of the discussions are male dominated. Is that true in the sUAV world at large as well do you suppose?
Yes... as well as the military, competition shooters, Glock armorers, boaters, and small business owners... ;)

Reactions: Toiletbowl
I'm sure there are some, but I have never seen a female fly at an RC field before.

Yes, it is male dominated, but it doesn't have to be. There is no overt barrier I am aware of, but it reflects the bias of society. Much depends on the influence of fathers IMHO. So, Dads, take your daughters flying!

:) Kidding of course, but although one can't be sure just from the "handles" of participants here, it does seem like most all of the discussions are male dominated. Is that true in the sUAV world at large as well do you suppose?

I think it varies around the country, although as a women who works in a technical field and is a pilot, while I have a number of female colleagues, most are male. Interestingly enough though, at the airpark where are live, there are quite a few professional female airline pilots.

I scream like a girl when my Solo crashes.

Um...perhaps you don't see many women around the field because comments like are offensive, as is the mindset behind them. I have a thick skin and take these comment in stride (although yes, they do bug me a little with the implications behind them).

Reactions: Acroduster
Um...perhaps you don't see many women around the field because comments like are offensive, as is the mindset behind them. I have a thick skin and take these comment in stride (although yes, they do bug me a little with the implications behind them).
I apologize, I didn't mean any harm. I was using a colloquialism in a (bad) attempt at humor.

shanmoon... you haven't been around here too long yet, but Ed's really not an offensive guy. I'm a girl (well, an old one...) and I thought his and pyrate's posts were kind of funny. Serve a few years in the male-dominated military and you'll hear some offensive remarks that will leave no doubt. :oops:

These guys are used to me, and I may not be the best example.

shanmoon... you haven't been around here too long yet, but Ed's really not an offensive guy. I'm a girl (well, an old one...) and I thought his and pyrate's posts were kind of funny. Serve a few years in the male-dominated military and you'll hear some offensive remarks that will leave no doubt. :oops:

These guys are used to me, and I may not be the best example.
You are a great example. I bet most of us guys on here would love to just hang out with you, to have a few laughs and talk flying...:)

You are a great example. I bet most of us guys on here would love to just hang out with you, to have a few laughs and talk flying...:)
Yeah... just watching me fly is always good for a few laughs. :D

Reactions: Chuck

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea