One second of video.

Reaction score
Just picked up my solo today at best buy.
The problem is when I hit the fly button on the Android pad It goes to the fly screen
I see video for about 1 second then it just goes to a blank screen.
I am using a gopro Hero3 black (no plus)
I have it set for GoPro other.
If I disconnect the camera it still does the same thing.

Once again the conditions are:

Solo is armed and ready to fly.
The tablet app is running.
Video of the guy riding the motor cycle is going.
I tap the fly button on the left side of the tablet.
The fly menu comes up for about 1 second and then the display goes blank..
So I end up loosing all the cool data at the top of the screen and the flight mode selector.
I checked the HDMI output on the back of the controller and the video looks great.

Thanks for reading this...
Most likely some compatibility issue with my tablet but I thought I'd pick your brains anyway :)

try reinstall the app, close down as much as you can so only the app is running
Ok.. I just did a factory reset on the android tablet. Wiped it clean.
Nothing running ,.
Installed the 3dr solo app and it does the same exact thing.
Pretty sure by the way it acts the software is crashing the tablet.
Not sure what to do next.
I really don't want to put anymore money in this thing.
And it really is not flyable without some kind of display.
I have seen the guy jumping to motorcycle one too many times.....

I hate replying to my own post but being a total noob here,, well...
What is going on is the app is disconnecting from the solo controller.

I just noticed there was a green bar at the bottom of the controller that said app is connected.

A second or so after I hit the fly now button the screen goes blank and disconnects from the controller (orange bar at the bottom of screen says the apps disconnected).

Thats whats going on even though I haven't a clue how to fix it.

Hi Tom- welcome to the forum!

Somewhere in the settings on your Android device is a setting to tell the device to stop searching for the best wifi signal. I don't know if turning this "off" will help in your case but it has caused problems for others.

Right now my Nexus 7 is dead as a door nail and I can't even get it to turn on. If it charges enough to turn on, I'll find that setting for you. If I fall asleep first then I won't get to it until later.:confused:

Ok, here we go: go to settings, wifi. Press the 3 dots in the upper right corner. Select "advanced". Look for "scanning always available" and turn it "off".

Hope that helps 'cause that's all I got!

Thanks Dog..
That setting was off.. However I am about 99% sure its my junk tablet. It is an off brand but it has the correct operating system..
I ended up buying Solex. It allowed me to run it on my smart phone and when I did that everthing worked. But Solex did not work on my tablet. So the tablet is not compatable.

Now I need a recommendation on a good tablet but still economical.
I.m not much of a mobile app user at all. So this will most likely srtay with the Solo.

The Nexus 7 2013 model works great. I picked mine up at a Pawn Shop for something like 70 dollars. Look for the one that has Cellular capabilities. It has a GPS built in. I don't know if the non cellular version (wifi) only has GPS.
There has been people on the group that have had success with the Galaxy Tab A 7 and running only Solex.
They are on sale at BestBuy for 90 bucks and they have GPS built in.
I bought one and loaded the 3dr app as well as Solex.
The Tab A locked up while using the 3dr app so I returned it. Never did try Solex.

Thanks Don.
I am making progress. I am looking around Ebay for a Nexus 7 2013.
I have searched the forum for comments on the best tablet and I have to agree with you and maddog on the Nexus.
Google play would not let me download to my LG phone saying it was not compatible with the 3dr app. I did get it on my phone with a direct download .. Downloading the App | 3D Robotics - Drone & UAV Technology

I am happy to report its working fine.
Is there anyway to remove the camera control icons?
I am using a GoPro3 and have selected "camera other" so
everything is grayed out and not functional.
You would think it should disappear .
Thanks...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frank2000