One motor sounds different than others...

Reaction score
white turned off, if I spin my motors (by hand), one of them sounds a very slight bit "crunchy".

white flying, I cannot tell any sort of difference, and overall the Solo doesn't sound different.

is this an immediate red flag and should I ground it till it is replaced?

hard to know without hearing it, given that motors are 60 bucks might not be a bad idea to replace it. Or take a video and send it to support

Reactions: 5r49cfu
Have you oiled the bearings? If not, give that a shot, just a drop or two is needed. If available, Tri-Flow is recommended otherwise find a light oil.

I agree with Pyrate's recommendation, either swap or request a warranty replacement motor pod. Motors shouldn't sound "crunchie".

Reactions: 5r49cfu
thanks for the info, I think I'll buy a couple extra motors

I guess you've probably fixed this by now, but if you send your logs to support they can tell if a motor is struggling because the flight controller will be compensating by sending a higher PWM signal to that motor, and if you're lucky you may have grounds for a replacement under warranty.
If you know your way around the logs and Mission Planner (or you're willing to learn) you're looking for RCOUT and channels 1 to 4 are your motors.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig