Ok, I get it......The human condition...

Reaction score
Oh dear god I get it. There's a defined path on a local map. You tell a person to go the store and which map to buy. You give the person the checkpoints they to go through. You've labeled the starting points and check points for them to follow on a list. A to B to C to D to E to F to Destination! You give them the list...

Within 5 minutes ....

"Ok, this world atlas doesn't have those checkpoints on it".
"How come there's no map on this box of cereal I bought?"
"I left my map on the stove and it burned, you owe me a map!"
"I went to the store, bought the map, but didn't want to waste time with the checkpoints and decided to go straight to the destination instead... now I've screwed up the journey, this is all your fault!"

Dear God I finally get it........ There are people who need help and are genuinely grateful for it. Then there's people who need you to hold their hand every step of the way.... and by god, if you don't help them or they end up in the wrong location because they couldn't follow the steps? Guess who's fault it is????

I am of course talking about teaching a cookery class and the mistakes people will make with ingredients such as paprika, salt, garlic, onions, flour etc.... each one an essential ingredient that cannot be left out or overused. Without it your main dish could be barren, rancid, inedible, cold, knish eaten dourly (or BRICKED for short) Yes, that's what I'm talking about indeed, cooking. Nothing else.

You give instructions, people don't follow instructions, then they want to know why things went wrong for them since it wasn't their fault..... People need to get used to being in the kitchen before they ask for a class in cooking...

I get it... I finally get it and hail to the chefs here that help with the cooking!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apicasso