Odd things happening

Reaction score
Recently purchased a new Solo to replace one I damaged using Loctite. Had previously upgraded original controller wifi, but not Solo wifi. Also did the MRO sat receiver upgrade on original Solo. Got the new Solo and immediately disassembled and did the wifi and hdmi ribbon cable mod plus installed the MRO sat receiver in new bird. Then paired old controller to new bird. After doing so the controller indicated magnetic interference with nothing ferrous in the vicinity. Tried several times to calibrate compass and Solo would not calibrate. Finally got the compass to calibrate. Then attempted to do level calibration. That also took multiple attempts before succeeding. Finally got to the point where Solo wanted to fly. Flew around the house some and noticed Solo was only getting 11 or 12 sats. The next day flew Solo a couple of thousand feet away, no issues (still only getting 10 -12 sats). Landed, changed battery and took off again. A few minutes into second flight, controller announces GPS was lost, fly manual. Turned Solo around and started heading back home and then the controller announced fly GPS. Landed Solo, went home.

The next day I disassembled Solo and put the board from my first Solo into new Solo, swapped wifi card and GPS receiver. Reassembled, calibrated compass and level first time, and Solo was indicating 18-22 sats received. Has performed flawlessly since, no issues.

Any ideas?

no ideas as to why you are experiencing what you are except that perhaps your new Mro board didn't have all the sat systems enabled, ie gps and glonass
You should contact Mrobotics.

lastly, when you received your new solo, did you try it out before opening the case and doing all those mods?
Its best to fly it after updating and calibrating just in case there is an issue with it, then once you are satisified with it right out of the box, then start upgrading.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela