Nvidia Shield Tablet & Samsung Galaxy Note 4 ... no Google Map

Reaction score
Website
www.relish3d.com
When I connect my Nvidia or Samsung to the SoloLink wifi, I am no longer able to access the 3G data feed and as such, it does not update the Google Map for me to plan my shots. All it shows is black bitmaps on the Map screen.

I was told that I could then download the maps using 3G connection onto my Nvidia or Note 4 before I connect to SoloLink. I tried this method and it appears that the Solo app does not update the maps at all... same blank screen as before.

HOWEVER, when I connect to my home wifi (broadband), it automatically updates the map correctly.

In summary, Solo app seems to be broken on my android devices. Does anyone else have this problem??? (I heard that the iPad versions are working fine... but not the android versions.)

Thanks.

My tab 4 works good with maps. I pan out and scroll to different areas and cache them.

Maybe if you tried going into your settings and delete the cached data and retry downloading them again. I don't have 3G on mine so I usually cache the maps before going out.

Yup if you load the app, then in the map view, there is a link somewhere (I cant 100% remember) it gives you the option to download/cache the maps, Tap screen to download. It will only allow you do download a certain size. You cant zoom way out and download your whole city. Your limited to a few blocks.

Cheers

I don't think it is the app... Mine works fine...

Are you sure you are pan/zooming to the area you are going to fly so it can know what maps you want? It is the only way it can know...

FYI: I actually just use my phone as a hotspot and do it whan I arrive at my flight location, before I start solo and connect to Sololink. It is just easier for me as I don't have to find and pan to it.

I then turn off the hotspot and I am done. I use an app called WiFi prioritizer and make Sololink #1 and my hotspot #2 priority. That way it is all automatic, and if I forget to turn the hotspot off, everything still just works....

Thanks all! @Earldgrayjr, thank for the suggestion on using Wifi Prioritizer! Testing it now.

Does anyone know if there is a similar software that also prioritise wifi and 3G dataline? I now that some android tablets allows you to automatically toggle between wifi and 3G. That way, even when you connect to SoloLink wifi, you are still connected to internet through 3G to download data. I can't seem to find this in Nvidia Shield or Samsung Galaxy Note 4.

Thanks in advance.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc