Nvidia Shield K1 Tablet

Reaction score
I just got a Shield as a dedicated tablet for the Solo, so far seems to work great. However I can barely see the screen with all the glare, does anyone have a recommendation on how to fix this? Sun shade... screen cover of some sort maybe? I'm assuming this is a problem for most any tablet, but maybe there is a better option out there I should consider.

Thanks,
BRIAN

Definitely a sun shade and/or an anti-glare screen protector. I had the same problem with my samsung tablet...

Reactions: MOTRA1N
I guess this is a common problem everyone faces, when flying outside... wish there was an easy fix lol.

I have to use both. Even with the sunscreen in place, the glare can be too much. An anti-glare laminate on the screen helps a lot. I got mine on Amazon.

Reactions: wcc963 and MOTRA1N
I have to use both. Even with the sunscreen in place, the glare can be too much. An anti-glare laminate on the screen helps a lot. I got mine on Amazon.

Thanks ill give it a try.

I didn't check before I applied the anti-glare, but the K1 is polarized such that my prescription sunglasses cross it - so damned near a black screen. Turn it to Portrait and it's perfect. :(

That's a bummer, I'll have to remember to use my non-polarized sunglasses lol.

K1 battery doesn't last very long. I now find it useful for its HDMI out, so that I can use Avegant Glyph and have On-Screen-Display with video out. Its decently priced, I like it.

K1 battery doesn't last very long. I now find it useful for its HDMI out, so that I can use Avegant Glyph and have On-Screen-Display with video out. Its decently priced, I like it.

Mines still new, but I'm getting 4+ hours out of my K1 - I'll have to try it with my Cinemizers, but I hate the idea of not having eyes on the beast.

Ahh! I have head play's and the glyphs are on my very short list. From what I understand the image is very clear and you can still look up or under the image to sight the drone or view the tablet. Is it so?

Hi Wind,

I don't have other goggles to compare, but yes that is what other owners are saying in terms of image quality. You cant see pixels that is a guarantee.
Its like watching a big screen TV very close, I wouldn't call it totally immersive...but that is not important for me ..what is important is I can see everything the screen has to offer including telemetry* ( *via HDMI of K1 and not Solo Controller ) and its all so clear.

Yes, look down on your tablet is possible and easy without having to remove the Glyph, that is why I like it.
That also means I would not step on anything when I do move a bit while piloting FPV.
I only tested in my room. Me have not fly it with Solo.

No amount of sunlight can disturb us when wearing it, while we are not 100% isolated from our surroundings visually, that is good.

It can also control my phantom 4 camera tilt ( like headtracking ) with USB cable attached to it from DJI controller , but I cant use the tablet anymore as I cant get a USB HUB which works to split 1 output for Glyph and 1 other output for tablet/smartphone. Anyway its no fun tracking camera with head...according to those who tried headtracking it, cant be smooth I read from phantompilots, and I am sure headache if too long doing that...LOL. As I said, me have not fly my toys.... for like 6 months now.:(

Thanks SPP!

I purchased the K1 this week for the soon to arrive solo. I would have plugged into the solo controller, but it sounds like you recommended plugging into the K1. Super, thanks. The headplsys are very immersive but will tend to fog a bit, and get dust particles in them. Additionaly you need to really shift your eyes and focus to see the edges where the telemetry is (at least on the typhoon h).

Hopefully in the next month or two I will get the glyphs. I am very amazed their approach has not yet been copied and they have not been acquired yet.

Journey far and fare well!

After reading a post somewhere online that the application of a tempered glass screen protector reduced the problem for someone, I did a test. Sure enough, if you put another polarized glass - in my case a polarized camera lens - between the Nexus and your polarized glasses, and orient them correctly, landscape mode is very readable. So, I went to NuShield website, with whom I have some previous experience on a MacBook, and searched for "polarized". Turns out their DayVue screen protector is advertised to correct this polarization problem. I have ordered one and will post results when I have tested it.

that DayVue looks like it will be good. think I'll order one too..
the 10% discount will almost cover shipping..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoxxx1986