Norway, Drone Paradise!

Reaction score
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

A short visit to Voss, Norway to speak and judge at a Photography workshop. I took my Solo along and got some nice footage around the local area.

Again, you are the envy of all of us here. Another great job, and I enjoyed every second of it. Thanks for another break from reality. Keep 'em coming.

Reactions: Vernon Deck
Again, you are the envy of all of us here. Another great job, and I enjoyed every second of it. Thanks for another break from reality. Keep 'em coming.
Thanks Chuck, this is a slightly old video. I just realised I'd never posted it. There are plenty more videos that you might not have seen right here: Vernon Deck
Subscribe to my channel and you'll never miss another one :)

Another awesome video! I'm mesmerized every time I watch them just to see other parts of the world. I have a question, I see that you did a GPS upgrade but did you ever do a wifi upgrade also? Thanks!

Wow, great job mate. What a nice view and breath taking scene. I think it can be a good scene for any hollywood movie for epic scene.. game of thrones?

Another awesome video! I'm mesmerized every time I watch them just to see other parts of the world. I have a question, I see that you did a GPS upgrade but did you ever do a wifi upgrade also? Thanks!
Hi Bret. Thanks and I'm glad my videos are interesting to you. I didn't do any upgrading to the wifi. Is that a good and easy upgrade? In my experience I always loose controller connection before image loss. I have never lost image actually. I use the Alpha antenna but they are not really much better than the stock ones. Its not too often though that I'm flying that far away.

Reactions: Bret
Wow, great job mate. What a nice view and breath taking scene. I think it can be a good scene for any hollywood movie for epic scene.. game of thrones?
Haha, thats thinking big Shepard! Thanks though, those are nice words.

Hi Bret. Thanks and I'm glad my videos are interesting to you. I didn't do any upgrading to the wifi. Is that a good and easy upgrade? In my experience I always loose controller connection before image loss. I have never lost image actually. I use the Alpha antenna but they are not really much better than the stock ones. Its not too often though that I'm flying that far away.

Hi Vernon! I have not done the upgrade myself although i have the wifi cards waiting to be installed. But don't know if I will upgrade or not. Most of my flying is for filming on the water from the boat. Going to Florida the month of February. There are videos showing the wifi install, not terribly difficult. I did do a GPS upgrade. I am thinking of leaving the wifi alone for now. It just appeared to me that you was getting some pretty long distances on some of your footage. I have been practicing catching the drone by hand when landing so I will be confident doing it out on the boat. Is that how you land when you are on the water or are you land based? Keep the adventures coming!

Hi Vernon! I have not done the upgrade myself although i have the wifi cards waiting to be installed. But don't know if I will upgrade or not. Most of my flying is for filming on the water from the boat. Going to Florida the month of February. There are videos showing the wifi install, not terribly difficult. I did do a GPS upgrade. I am thinking of leaving the wifi alone for now. It just appeared to me that you was getting some pretty long distances on some of your footage. I have been practicing catching the drone by hand when landing so I will be confident doing it out on the boat. Is that how you land when you are on the water or are you land based? Keep the adventures coming!
Hi Bret
The boat on a lot of the water shots is my 36ftS&S. I live aboard her 6 months of the year and am slowly sailing round the world. I always hand catch Solo when landing. Thats one of the major drawbacks of Solo, she will only take off if I'm in a lagoon or harbour where there is no movement. It is one of 2 reasons why I would consider getting a DJI. I often fly till I have no connection and just rely on Solo coming back into contact. Its worked till now but it would be nice to have the option to go out even further. I've seen a few whales that have been just a bit far away form me.

Hi Bret
The boat on a lot of the water shots is my 36ftS&S. I live aboard her 6 months of the year and am slowly sailing round the world. I always hand catch Solo when landing. Thats one of the major drawbacks of Solo, she will only take off if I'm in a lagoon or harbour where there is no movement. It is one of 2 reasons why I would consider getting a DJI. I often fly till I have no connection and just rely on Solo coming back into contact. Its worked till now but it would be nice to have the option to go out even further. I've seen a few whales that have been just a bit far away form me.

That's cool!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

A short visit to Voss, Norway to speak and judge at a Photography workshop. I took my Solo along and got some nice footage around the local area.
Amazing video sir

great video...very well done.....which GoPro & what were your settings ......just curious....

great video...very well done.....which GoPro & what were your settings ......just curious....
Thanks Bilge. I use the Hero 4 Black. I shot this in 1080, 50fps, medium view. No upgrades or filters on the camera.

awesome video.....keep on flying & shooting
Wow! I didn't know you shot it in 1080, figured it was at least 2.7. Was that in 50 or 60 fps?
Yeah I should shoot in 2.7 or even 4k but I'm still figuring out Final Cut Pro. Plus, I think it teaches you to be a good pilot if you can't rely on zooming/cropping in post production. I film in 50fps but rarely

Reactions: RichWest

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigmiiike0421