Non Commercial Drone Insurance

Reaction score
So I did a search and there's a thread about a lost drone that touches this but I don't think there's an actual insurance thread. For under $100 per year, some insurance companies, like State Farm, will cover your drone for loss, theft or damage. Also, certain credit cards will cover you for lost or stolen items purchased with their card. Not to mention that several cards double the warranty of almost anything you buy. You all probably know this already but I wanted to put it out there just in case.

I'm calling my insurance agent tomorrow myself. Seems like a good idea.

I believe so. I just signed up after seeing it on another thread somewhere. I think that person said they did cover that as well, but I don't have all the documentation yet. But, you are right.....I just took a quick look and didn't see it, but I could have easily missed it.

You make a claim on your home policy and your premiums could double or more for 5 years. I would not make a claim on my home insurance for less than ~$10,000. It does not make financial sense.

You are better off saving the money you would spend on coverage incase something happens, or find a separate insurer that does not report to CLUE.

For UK fliers we have something similar, the British Model Flying Association www.bmfa.org. Membership can give 2 levels of public liability insurance, one for pure recreational flying and one for demonstration flying, which covers data gathering and training type activities. They make it very clear of course that neither covers any kind of paid flying. They are very welcoming to UAV fliers, in particular FPV racing.

Reactions: Todd123

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarkHKB40