No Video streaming to iphone

Reaction score
I have connected the go pro but i have no video on streaming to my iPhone from controller. Just a black screen with the app on. Anyone experience the same problem ?

You have to boot your Solo first, then boot your controller, then launch the app and wait at the home screen. Turn on your gopro, then go back to the app and hit the Fly button from the home screen. Your live feed should show up then.

It's a weird boot sequence but it works.

I tried that a few times and it didnt work... the reason i asked if it was after the firmware is what DID work for me, was simply put, reboot your phone.
Or double tap home, find the solo app and swipe up to kill it.
When you updated the firmware, the app likely never shut down, so it caused this issue.
at least that was the fix for me.

I have connected the go pro but i have no video on streaming to my iPhone from controller. Just a black screen with the app on. Anyone experience the same problem ?
Loosen up the binder on the GoPro mount and check to make sure the HDMI cable is plugged in all the way. The GoPro mount can prevent the HDMI cable from being fully inserted.

Reactions: Earldgrayjr
My process today after update.

Rebooted iphone because feed didnt work.
Made sure I closed out 3DR app fully.

I had the GoPro connected and ON in the mount. Everything else off.
Power Solo.
Power controller after audio chimes.
Wait for satellites to start connecting and connect wifi on my iPhone.

THEN I open the app, and AlWays Check flight school. A couple times I was connected to Solo Wifi BUT the app wasn't loading the flight school saying I was not connected to internet. Thats what prompted phone restart.

After I check flight school, I go back and choose FLY and the feed was up and running.

Only my second flight today so I hope his process works consistently.

Everyone sharing their info has been helpful. Glad there is some productive stuff happening in these forums

I deleted and reinstalled my app and it started working

Try this.

Turn on Solo.
Turn on Go Pro.
Turn on Controller.
Connect to Solo via Wi-Fi.
When connected to wi-fi go to Iphone 3DR app.
Go to advance settings, turn all on.
Go to Iphone photos, turn it on.

Remember we dont have gimbal that automatically operates the go pro.

So, the work around is turn on GoPro
(Never push record), press FLY SOLO then press red button on The 3DR solo app. The toggling of ON and OFF on Go Pro is on the app. let us know how it goes...

Try this.

Turn on Solo.
Turn on Go Pro.
Turn on Controller.
Connect to Solo via Wi-Fi.
When connected to wi-fi go to Iphone 3DR app.
Go to advance settings, turn all on.
Go to Iphone photos, turn it on.

Remember we dont have gimbal that automatically operates the go pro.

So, the work around is turn on GoPro
(Never push record), press FLY SOLO then press red button on The 3DR solo app. The toggling of ON and OFF on Go Pro is on the app. let us know how it goes...
I mean the toggling of RECORD...

Ok, it started streaming but now its only showing half of the screen on my iPhone 5s. when i switch to burst photo it shows full screen. is there a setting that my go pro should be set at. Thanks for the help !

Reactions: SKP
Times I've had strange streaming issues I've switched from my 5s to my s6 or vice versa and had good luck. Or if I make sure everything else is closed seems to fix some things.

What's the other half the screen is it the map view or just black? Seems odd that screens only half.

If you have opened the app before, my experience is that I have to close the app (reboot) as my iPad Air2 will not close the app unless I do that and I will not get video until I do. Took some experimenting to figure that out, others have the same issue. Also, you have to be really certain that the gp hdmi is absolutely seated, feel it "snap in". Have several occasions where I thought it was seated but wasn't, had to wiggle it up and down a little to get it to seat properly. Hope this helps.

it shows full screen video streaming on the camera settings. But when I switch my go pro 3+ to video it will show up as blue fuzzy screen. IMG_4080.PNG

-Is there a way i can control my go pro thru the solo app, Rather me sifting thru the go pro unit ?

it shows full screen video streaming on the camera settings. But when I switch my go pro 3+ to video it will show up as blue fuzzy screen. View attachment 200

-Is there a way i can control my go pro thru the solo app, Rather me sifting thru the go pro unit ?
Gotta wait for the gimbal which will give you that capability.

finally got video to stream!! i had my go pro video set at 1080 super view. the recommended setting is 1080, 60, medium field of view as recommended by 3dr.
Glad to hear it keep an eye on it though I've used super and not had any odd issues, but long as it's working that's all the matters have fun. I'm stuck in another rainy day here, nearly every minute I've not been working it seems to be raining since I got my solo, this summers been crazy for years we've had no spring or fall really now it seems summers being replaced by spring this year.

I too had a problem with the video feed. Im using a mini ipad and I solved the issue by shutting down the ipad completely and then re-starting it. I then powered up in the following sequence:

Solo
Controller
Link to solo wifi
Open App
Plug in Go Pro and switch it on (1080p, 60FPS, M FOV)
Press Fly Solo

Bingo! It worked.

Reactions: SKP
I'M having a similar problem. I have tried all of the above boot order without much success. 95% of the time I can't get an image. It does work some times but I can't say why or why not. Anybody experienced that kind of intermittent video feed problem ? I've tried with 4 different GoPro wihtout luck. My feeling is that I have a problem with my cable...

I'M having a similar problem. I have tried all of the above boot order without much success. 95% of the time I can't get an image. It does work some times but I can't say why or why not. Anybody experienced that kind of intermittent video feed problem ? I've tried with 4 different GoPro wihtout luck. My feeling is that I have a problem with my cable...
My experience is that it does not matter which order I start things up. I never get video unless I close the app out completely and then restart it. Works every time. By closing out app I mean double tap home button. Find app and swipe up. That closes it completely. Then reopen app.

My experience is that it does not matter which order I start things up. I never get video unless I close the app out completely and then restart it.
Thanks, I'll give it an other try. Man, I don't want to send it back to 3DR, it took for ever to get it in the first place.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea