No video feed on tablet

Reaction score
I'm having some video issues. I'm not getting a video feed on my Samsung Tab Pro tablet. I specifically bought this tablet for use with my Solo. I can get a feed just fine on my phone however, so I'm not sure if the tablet is incompatible or what. I thought maybe the gimbal was bad so I hooked the GoPro directly to the Solo's HDMI cable, but still no video. Anyone have any ideas? Anyone else using a Tab Pro successfully? I'm kinda bummed because I'd really like to use the tablet instead of my phone. The tablet & phone are both running Android Marshmallow if that makes any difference. Thanks.

Are you able to connect to the Solo Wifi on the tablet... ???

Yes, I can connect to the Solo wifi on the tablet. I just see a black screen with a constant rotating circular hourglass where I should be seeing a video feed.

& you have downloaded the Solo App ??? & when you launch the app you are getting rotating circulat hourglass....??

Do you have the SM-T320? Apparently it is not compatible.
If none of this works, remove the battery tray and verify the other end of the HDMI cable is fully seated. It can appear to be when it actually is loose.

Yes, I have the Solo app installed & it seems to run fine. Once Solo locks in the satellites & says it's ready to fly I press the "FLY SOLO" icon in the lower left corner of the app & that's where I see the black screen with the rotating circle where I would normally see the live video feed.

If none of this works, remove the battery tray and verify the other end of the HDMI cable is fully seated. It can appear to be when it actually is loose.

Yes, it's the SM-T320. Where did you find that it's not compatible? Wish I would've known that before buying. I'm assuming the HDMI cable is fine since I get a feed with my phone. I have a couple of other lower end tablets that I may try with. But I'm really disappointed that the Tab Pro is not compatible. I'm assuming it's got to be something with the hardware of the device.

Yes, it's the SM-T320. Where did you find that it's not compatible? Wish I would've known that before buying. I'm assuming the HDMI cable is fine since I get a feed with my phone. I have a couple of other lower end tablets that I may try with. But I'm really disappointed that the Tab Pro is not compatible. I'm assuming it's got to be something with the hardware of the device.
I used the search function and typed in "tab pro" and found this:Not all "Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4" are the same (or Compatible)

There are more but I didn't read through them.

I used the search function and typed in "tab pro" and found this:Not all "Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4" are the same (or Compatible)

There are more but I didn't read through them.

The OP in that thread says that the issue had to do with 3DR Services, which I thought we didn't need anymore. It also appears, from what he says in his last post, that all was working well again, so not sure what he did to resolve. I will try to contact him to see if I can get any further details.

I use the Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 ...........SM-T530NU....works flawlessly.........returned yours & buy this one......

I use the Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 ...........SM-T530NU....works flawlessly.........returned yours & buy this one......

My junky little Tab 2 works fine so I guess I am stuck using that for now until I can pick up something better. I am thinking either a Tab 4 or Tab S2.

Are there any other Samsung tablets that are known to be not compatible, so I dont make the same mistake again?

Just ran across this:

Android
Download for Android (Android users must also install 3DR Services onto their device)

The Android version is compatible with Android 4.3 or later, and requires your device to have GPS capabilities (not all devices have this capability).

Compatible devices include:

Best phones: Galaxy S5, S6, Nexus 5, 6, 6P, Moto X

Best tablets: Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4, Nexus 9

The Tab Pro 8.4 is listed as "best". So I wonder why mine doesnt work.

I knew I saw that somewhere...good catch....now get it working......LOL

I'm having some video issues. I'm not getting a video feed on my Samsung Tab Pro tablet. I specifically bought this tablet for use with my Solo. I can get a feed just fine on my phone however, so I'm not sure if the tablet is incompatible or what. I thought maybe the gimbal was bad so I hooked the GoPro directly to the Solo's HDMI cable, but still no video. Anyone have any ideas? Anyone else using a Tab Pro successfully? I'm kinda bummed because I'd really like to use the tablet instead of my phone. The tablet & phone are both running Android Marshmallow if that makes any difference. Thanks.
Are you on the same wifi network?
Try powering off the tablet so it can reset. I had the same problem that seemed to work for me. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I've been having a similar issue lately. My screen is black where the video feed should be. I am still able to use all the solex functions and make video just can not see what the camera is seeing. I've been using a SM-T320 tablet all along with no video feed problems even though people are saying it's not compatible (which I didn't realize). I thought maybe it was the HDMI cable, gimbal connection, and/or something with the drone. However I connected my hero 3 and I can get a video feed through it although it is very choppy. So I'm thinking the issue is the camera and not the tablet?
I don't have a second tablet but hope to test a cheap one. A new camera cost more so hopefully a cheap tablet will be the fix

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo