No shutdown on return home

Reaction score
New to the solo but absolutely love it. So after my fly time I hit the home button it did return and land but wouldn't shut off as usual. So I shut controller down , well that just made it relaunch and land again this time it motors didn't really shut down at all and created the bubble and of course flipped . I guess my question is is there a way to shut the solo down manually with controller?
Thanks lanceg

Hi lanceg, did you try reading the manual? Tells you how to shut the motors down if it doesn't do it on its own once it lands. My advice, look the manual up on 3DR's site and read it!

FYI, page 31. press the pause button or use the emergency shutoff option described in section 4.9.5....

you need to try your calibrations again
solo would have shut down if it thought it had landed
were you on level ground?

Hi lanceg, did you try reading the manual? Tells you how to shut the motors down if it doesn't do it on its own once it lands. My advice, look the manual up on 3DR's site and read it!

FYI, page 31. press the pause button or use the emergency shutoff option described in section 4.9.5....

Thanks for your reply and to be honest with you no i didn't read manual just found it on website guess I had no patience learned a lesson I do appreciate your time looks like I have reading to do.
Thanks.

you need to try your calibrations again
solo would have shut down if it thought it had landed
were you on level ground?

Where it rth wasn't perfectly level and that makes sense I found the manual a bit ago on website I have lots of reading to do thanks for your time much appreciated.

Thanks for your reply and to be honest with you no i didn't read manual just found it on website guess I had no patience learned a lesson I do appreciate your time looks like I have reading to do.
Thanks.
All good! I would also listen to the elders here, they have some very good advice and will be able to help you trouble shoot the issue you are having. Such as pyrate's comment above, but Its always nice to know what to do in the event you have something unexpected happen in mid flight. Thats where the manual comes in

All good! I would also listen to the elders here, they have some very good advice and will be able to help you trouble shoot the issue you are having. Such as pyrate's comment above, but Its always nice to know what to do in the event you have something unexpected happen in mid flight. Thats where the manual comes in
That Is for sure I'm all ears and want to learn that's for sure . I'm sure this won't be the last time I'm posting it's just great to have this page to go to yall keep up the great work

if you have the manual make sure you understand these 4 things
What happens when you lose GPS
What happens when you lose controller signal
What happens when the battery is low.
How does RTH work and what do the different settings do

If you know these 4 things well, you will be ready to fly a while and practice
then in phase two get in a big wide open field and try manual mode flying

exam question
which of the 4 scenarios learned will require me to know phase two

Reactions: Joe Horn
Just pull the sticks down

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk