No Live Video To App From Gopro

Reaction score
HI! I am new to the 3DR solo and I haven’t really been able to get it to work… i have the gimbal and for some reason the app and the go pro aren’t really connecting. Before i put the gimbal on the HDMI cord wouldn’t show the footage off the app with either of my HERO 4 blacks. I also tried a HERO 3 which worked temporarily.. now that i have the gimbal i am able to control the go pro (start and stop it) but i can’t see the live video and am pretty much flying by line of sight. I have tried re-connecting the HDMI inside the drone and turning everything off multiple times. What else can i do??

Can you connect a micro hdmi cable from the GoPro to a hdmi input on a regular HDTV and get a picture.
Can you connect the micro hdmi output on the Solo handheld control and see the GoPro on the HDTV?
To perform such a test you would need a micro HDMI to HDMI cable.
Something like this.....

https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics...1482887123&sr=1-4&keywords=micro+hdmi+to+hdmi
I will try that but I'm pretty sure the gopros HDMI isn't the issue given that I have tried it on 4 different gopros and none of them seem to work... any other ideas?

I understand. I spent most of my working career as a trouble shooter. So I always start at the beginning and move along the chain.
The HDMI out on top of the controller moves you at least half way down that chain.
I am new to the solo also. I have installed a gopro3 black and today I received my hero 4 black and both worked without a hitch. So I know it can work ok.
I assume you installed the gimbal. Number one problem in that area is the interconnecting HDMI micro to Hdmi micro jumper cable.
I couldnot believe what thick and stiff cable they used on a $1300 drone. Really a crappy move by 3DR.
But we have to live with it. There is a $30 cable made by Relish 3d.
Thats what 3DR should of used.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Anyway it might be worth looking at that cable connection too.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarkHKB40