No internet connection

Reaction score
when connecting to solo link wifi,it connects bin says no internet connection?
Can anyone help

When your tablet or phone connects by WiFi to the solo, it then looses internet connection. To get internet if you have a sim card, activate developer option, 7 taps on build number, then you can select in developer option cell always on. if no sim card then use a Bluetooth teather

You don't need internet connection to use the app. When your WiFi only tablet is connected to Solo, then it is not connected to the internet.
You can connect to the internet via Bluetooth with a compatible phone if you really need to surf the internet while flying Solo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

when connecting to solo link wifi,it connects bin says no internet connection?
Can anyone help

On my phone, when connecting to the Solo's WiFi network, a warning is given that there is no internet. This is because my phone assumes the purpose of a WiFi connection is internet connectivity.

You can tell it that it is OK, I forget what I checked...But no internet connection is just fine. If you have cellular, you should be able to have internet through that.

I have the same issue straight out of the box attempting first flight update with app on i phone, can connect solo link but internet at the same time, phone has cellular on, no idea what to do next, appreciate your advice thanks

That has happened to me, and here's why. It is necessary to bind your smart device to the drone's local intranet wifi profile. This system is designed to operate wirelessly between its user's phone or tablet, and creates its own IP address and network profile. Go into settings then wifi, and you should see the drone listed amongst the networks you may join. It's very obvious which one is the drone, select it, and if it asks for a password, enter 1234567890.

This binds the drone, controller, and phone in its own local server. If you're on your regular wifi network, you'll be kicked off. Unless your device has dual SIMS capability carrying two lines at once, phone and drone are married, at least until you switch back to plain vanilla.

This is where 4glte data network steps in and saves the day. It's possible to stay online and fly at the same time, best on a tablet. I have an iPhone 7+, but even with its big screen, I wouldn't dare attempt to share the flight data with the internet. iPad Air is great, but makes the whole apparatus unbalanced, and losing your grip usually means chaos- lanyards and harnesses, trays, etc. notwithstanding. When I thumblefum my controller, the iPhone/iPad invariably pops out of its holder, the wire gets pulled out~~ great fun if you're flying alone!!

A couple nights ago, I had a Phantom 4 (not pro) filming a soccer game, and my girlfriend rang. Everything disappeared, into Verizon's default black incoming voice call screen. No prior warning- fortunately, the drone was 200 feet up with a solid gps lock, so I was able to quickly take the call, tell her I was involved in a flight, and called her back later.

I have quite a few drones, of all nationalities, religions, races and creeds, gender identity, male, female:-- straight, bi, tranny, queer. It makes no difference to me-- people are who they are, and drones are what they are. Life is what it is, so we do our best with what God has allowed us to work with.

Animals in my zoo are P3Pro, P4, tali h500, Yuneec typhoon 4K, this solo with GoPro 4 black, 3dr x8+ octo/pixhawk setup, and one massive skyijib octocopter that needs work. I haven't yet explored realms of drone racing.

Like any vehicle, each drone has its specific character and feel. The first flight is always a worst flight, because if something is going to go disastrously wrong, chances are that's the time it's going to happen:-- flyaway, catching on fire, hurting people or pets, ignoring flight command, evaporating radio communication, how about it just wants to munch on cars, or trees-- or likes a neighbor's swimming pool?

The solo is a wonderful drone, as good if not better than any of the others I own. 3DR has chosen to TRASH this great product. I used a Christmas BestBuy gift card to acquire this entire setup, with gimbal and extra battery. It was a pain in the ass to discover that solo is married to GoPro; I have cameras practically floating out of my ears around here and I had to spend over $200 to buy another one.....;(...

I've done a system check and dry run on this funky little drone, and all checks out so far so good, and let us pray........

Problems and mysteries I started with were:--

The screws to mount the GoPro gimbal are a joke. They don't thread in properly. Chinese design and engineering at its finest, like the poison pet food, and Christmas toys loaded with lead paint. I had to retap/rethread those holes in order to mount the gimbal.

This drone seems to suffer from a mysterious malady with its gps module. I've heard talk of different versions, aftermarket replacements, a cardboard or metallic tamper of some kind to isolate the gps module from interference...

The documentation that came with my solo is entirely in French. Fortunately, I speak fluent French, so this didn't pose a problem for me. As with English, translation from Chinese to any other language is truly awful--;(.... it isn't rocket science to figure out that Americans do speak English, and would prefer manuals and papers to be in our language.......

During my initial dry run with the solo, there was a battery inside the GoPro camera, and it quickly overheated. I removed the battery, and discovered that the camera can draw its power from the flight pack, so no battery in the camera is necessary. I'll dry run it again, praying that the camera will keep its cool.

I hope you find my answer about the network problem binding things together, and all other thoughts and questions are welcome. Have a nice arctic Saturday, and happy droning, next June, or whenever spring decides to spring!!

I having a problem with my solo my solo not connecting to my controller what can I do to get it back flying

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea