No flight lines in Tower survey mission

Reaction score
Hi
I wanted to try the survey mission in Tower. But no flight lines are displayed in the marked area and the flight altitude is marked with red. Max flight altitude is also limited to 100m.
Tower latest version and Android is used.
The same question has been asked together with a photo at google+ group DroidPlanner 2 Beta.
Any ideas?

Edit. I could upload photo. Six photos... :)

Attachments

• tower.png
    tower.png
    518.5 KB · Views: 20
Hi
I wanted to try the survey mission in Tower. But no flight lines are displayed in the marked area and the flight altitude is marked with red. Max flight altitude is also limited to 100m.
The same question has been asked together with a photo at google+ group DroidPlanner 2 Beta.
Any ideas?

Did you 'draw' with your finger or tap the waypoints?

Draw. I have drawed survey missions earlier, a few weeks ago. That time the flight lines were displayed and without the red altitude.

Do you have a camera selected? The altitude in red is interesting. it appears that it is set to meters, so you are flying at over 300'? A little high for a survey?

No I have not connected the camera, Solo or the controller. That may be an issue..? I just trying it before going out. That may be the issue. It is in mettric but it is still red no matter of values. I will try with everything connected when I am back home.

This is caused by a bug with 3DR Services which has been fixed. The fix will be included in the 3DR Services v1.5.2 release. a work around is to downgrade 3DR Services to v1.5.1.

Hi
Any ideas?

Hi, I am having the same problem in the Tower app Survey program, no flight lines and red altitude.
I am not connected to my 3DR solo (in transit) is that necessary to get flight lines?
It seem to me that there is some parameter somewhere set that needs to be turned off or reset
that effects the flight lines.
Did you get a solution?

This is caused by a bug with 3DR Services which has been fixed. The fix will be included in the 3DR Services v1.5.2 release. a work around is to downgrade 3DR Services to v1.5.1.
I have the v3.2.0 version on my nexus 7 android tablet, just loaded it this week from play store. Where would I go to get the v1.5.2, or is mine the latest?
Thanks
Ketch

Last edited:
I've found that you need to be connected to solo for the survey function to work properly.

I've found that you need to be connected to solo for the survey function to work properly.
Thanks Jim, I will wait till my Solo gets here. Have you done quite a bit of mapping with this system? and if so, any advice you can pass on will be appreciated
Pete

I think Solo is a fantastic mapping system. I use either a Canon S100 or the two Mapir cameras and always get fantastic results. I fly @ 6m/s and 75m. Here is an eroding cliff I captured yesterday. cliff.JPG cliff2.JPG

Reactions: PdxSteve and Jubalr
Thanks for your update. That is a an impressive 3D panorama, what software do you use, I am looking for a low cost ortho photo software. I am a Professional Land Surveyor and would like to put a scale on my photos, and 3d (DSM) would be nice also.

Does the tower app give you the appropriate camera interval based on the end-lap percentage and speed, I can't seem to find it.

Thanks again for your input

Thanks for the information, I used an intravolmeter and airspeed for my photo work when I was using my Cessna aircraft and Canon camera. I will be using a Ricoh Gr (200g) and a builtin intravolmeter.
I will check out the soft ware, thanks again for your help.

Reactions: Jim.....
Out of interest, what do you use for GCPoints? I use a Trimble Geoexplorer XH which I can post process down to around 100mm. I think Photoscan and Pix4d are good for around 50mm.

I use a survey grade RTK system called Epoch 50 with data collector by Spectra Precision. I also use a Nikon total station and data collector on occasion. I set my survey projects up using a "local grid", but also have geodetic coordinates when using the RTK GPS system. This system gets the project in to around 10 to 15 mm, far more accurate than necessary for general mapping. We surveyors need this accuracy for boundary and construction surveys. Your 100mm sounds plenty good for your projects.

Reactions: Jim.....
i tested perkele's work around and it works. if you connect to solo before creating your survey it works. so this an easier workaround until 3dr services v1.5.2 is released.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela